Block unknown caller
APerson
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm getting obnoxious calls from an "unknown caller" - I want to:

1. Block ALL "unknown" callers or

2. Assign a silent ring tone to all unknown caller

How can I do this? Surely, there must be a way.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Block unknown caller
budone
Legend

Bosslady (Verizon employee) posted this back in July.

Re: Blocking calls from restricted numbers

You may also setup usage control for $4.99 month.  This will allow you to block restricted calls. For more info on Usage controls, click here https://wbillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/nos/uc/uc_home.jsp

Natavia
Verizon Wireless
Area Operations

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I believe Verizon offers a blocking addon that blocks unknown or restricted numbers. And I believe the cost is $4.99/month

0 Likes
APerson
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called Verizon and they said that they did not have this service. This is what is posted on the Verizon web site:

How can I block a restricted number from calling me?

Sorry, we do not offer this service at this time.

So, if I can't stop "unknown" callers from bothering, me, how do I assign a silent ring tone to them?

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

search fo youmail, or another app

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Bosslady (Verizon employee) posted this back in July.

Re: Blocking calls from restricted numbers

You may also setup usage control for $4.99 month.  This will allow you to block restricted calls. For more info on Usage controls, click here https://wbillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/nos/uc/uc_home.jsp

Natavia
Verizon Wireless
Area Operations

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
APerson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry but usage controls do NOT block "unknown callers" - in order to block a number, you must either:

1. Have the actual phone number to block or

2. Limit phone calls to ONLY certain numbers.

Neither of these will work for me. If I had the number for the "unknown caller," I'd block it instantly. I also cannot block access to everyone who is not on my contact list. There must be a solution.

APerson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi mdram4x4,

I just checked youmail and it may be worth looking into. I'm not sure yet because I don't have time at the moment to read everything on the site - I need to find out more. Do you know if it will prevent the phone from ringing if the caller id is "unknown caller?" 

Thanks.

0 Likes
APerson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Budone,

I was just trying to set up youmail and had to call Verizon to change a setting. I spoke with another tech support person and was told, this time, that they can now block unknown, restricted and private numbers from calling me - this is NEW information. We had some problems setting it up but it's working now. While youmail is less expensive, there's no way to stop the phone from ringing first so I just added the service to Verizon.

Thanks!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I am glad you found someone who knew of the option..... Now, have you tested it yet????