HTC droid eris NO SOUND????
ka2sie

I just got my CPO HTC droid eris phone from verizon today and I wen thruogh the setup turned the volume up set the defult verizon ringtone and I get no sound during calls only thing it will do is the trackball will light up and also during a call if i try to turn on the speaker phone you cant hear anything. Any advice on how to fix it?? or will i have to take it into a verizon store.. havent even had it a few hours yet and already **bleep** off.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC droid eris NO SOUND????
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Almost sounds to me like you have a bad external speaker. You can try other things that would use that, play some music, watch a video, play a game.  If none of those work, you may need to take it back.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

On your device, you can adjust the volume on the left side of the device by pressing the top button for desired level.

Internal volume settings

1. From the home screen, touch the applications tab (located in the lower left).

2. Touch Settings.

3. Touch Sound & display.

4. Touch Sound profile.

5. Touch a profile.

6. Touch Ringer volume.

7. Adjust the Incoming call volume then touch OK.
    Note To utilize Incoming call volume for notifications, ensure a green check mark is present.

0 Likes
ka2sie

thanks but I already tried everything..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Let's try this just for kicks and giggles.

Open Market and search for Sound Manager. There might be couple with that name. Pick a free one that looks like it has good ratings and shows several volume sliders in the images. Once that is installed, open it and see what level your system volume level as well as the other volumes.

This should eliminate the level at which your volume is set and if it could be a bad speaker.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ka2sie

Well I downloaded a sound manager and all the settings were maxed and still no sound what so ever. I never thougth anything of it but when I unboxed the phone and turned it on it didnt do the verizon start up tone ya know. Idk fml now gotta waste time sitting forever in a verizon store only for them to mess with it and i better get a new phone or get it fixed. Plus my phone keeps thinking its in china switching the date and time and stuff.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

ka2sie wrote:

Well I downloaded a sound manager and all the settings were maxed and still no sound what so ever. I never thougth anything of it but when I unboxed the phone and turned it on it didnt do the verizon start up tone ya know. Idk fml now gotta waste time sitting forever in a verizon store only for them to mess with it and i better get a new phone or get it fixed. Plus my phone keeps thinking its in china switching the date and time and stuff.

Shoot!  At least we know the volume was definitely up and not any where on silent.

Mine has a silent startup too so that wouldn't be an indicator if the sound works or not.

As for the date, at least for now go into Settings > Date & time and uncheck the Automatic (Use network provided values) and manually set the time.  I know mine used to (but haven't seen for a while) say I was in California, but I am in Nebraska.  Same town name though strangely enough.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Almost sounds to me like you have a bad external speaker. You can try other things that would use that, play some music, watch a video, play a game.  If none of those work, you may need to take it back.

0 Likes
ka2sie

Thanks everyone verizon replaced it at the verizon store tonight. I tried watching youtube and it was silent so something was wrong lol. Good thing they checked it before sending it out lol

0 Likes