HTC Eris won't sync to computer
Wilde

Every time I plug my phone into the USB port either nothing happens or it tells me that the connection is not recognized. Is there any way for me to fix this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC Eris won't sync to computer
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Go to Settings > Connect to PC > check on "Ask Me" and change the default connection type to charge only. Plug the usb cable into the phone and computer. On the phone pull down the notification bar and select type of connection you want. I usually select disk drive.

No problems for me with Win7 64 bit or WinXP 32 bit.

Hope that helps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wilde

I tried that but still no lucky :smileysad:

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Have you also tried setting the default connection as disk drive and turn off the "ask me"?

If you have a card reader for the computer, you can always turn the phone off, take out the sd card, use an adapter if necessary, plug the card into the adapter and transfer the files. A pain I know, but it could be worth it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
If nothing else works, maybe try uninstalling the drivers on your computer, go to htc.com and find htc sync for the eris there. Sometimes the default windows drivers get in the way of the data transfer.
0 Likes
hammerlord

I have the same problem. I used to be able to hook my phone to the computer via USB and it would ask what kind of connection I wanted. But now nothing happens, how can I fix that?

0 Likes