How does the fax work?
lance-tek

I noticed that Verizon offers two plans that have fax as an option.  My question is "How does this work?"  I have searched the Verizon site and the forums for something that explains how it works but I haven't found anything yet.

I ask because the main reason I have a home phone is for fax capabilities (I send a receive faxes a lot).  But, I have a data plan (unlimited) and have my cell phone and I might use my home phone once a month aside from sending or receiving a fax.  So, if I can cut it out of the budget and save some money I am all about it.  First I just need to figure out how the fax piece works.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thank you,

-lance

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How does the fax work?
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

lance-tek wrote:

I noticed that Verizon offers two plans that have fax as an option.  My question is "How does this work?"  I have searched the Verizon site and the forums for something that explains how it works but I haven't found anything yet.

I ask because the main reason I have a home phone is for fax capabilities (I send a receive faxes a lot).  But, I have a data plan (unlimited) and have my cell phone and I might use my home phone once a month aside from sending or receiving a fax.  So, if I can cut it out of the budget and save some money I am all about it.  First I just need to figure out how the fax piece works.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thank you,

-lance

The option to retrieve Fax on your phone is actually the ability to store them on your voice mail. You will still need a physical location to send the faxes to for printing since currently PDF format is unavailable. Here is a link with more information on how to use and retrieve the faxes. Click Here

0 Likes
lance-tek

I'm sorry but that link didn't help me at all.  My question is HOW? 

If I get a fax on my v-mail, how do I get it to the fax machine?  Can I just plug in the USB cable and it will work?  I seriously doubt that, you would normally need to load a driver...

I am also trying to get an answer as to can this service also SEND a fax?

Thank you,

-lance

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

At this time you can only receive the fax on your voicemail. From your voicemail you can forward them to the fax number for it to be printed as if it was sent straight to the machine itself.

0 Likes