Phone will not reboot
rushringleader

Yesterday my phone froze up and I pulled the battery out and reinserted it. Now it is booting in an endless loop with the samsung logo and goes no farther then that. What should I do to restore my phone? I am away at college now so going to a VZW Store is not very practical.

0 Likes
Re: Phone will not reboot
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Try these steps to troubleshoot the issue.

Try removing the battery for about 2 minutes, then putting it back in and powering the phone back on. 

If the problems persists.  

Try these steps: 

*Warning - all data on the phone maybe lost!*

Turn off the phone Press Power + Volume Up/Down at the same time and hold until display will show a triage android screen

Display will show: 

Reboot system Now  (Try the reboot first.) 
Apply sdcard:update.zip 
*Warning this will reset device back to original factory settings.*

Wipe Data/Factory Reset (Try as a last resort)
Wipe Cache Partition

Use VOL Down key to scroll down to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset", press home icon to select option and wipe device.  

0 Likes
rushringleader

The issue persists. Would a store be able to restore my phone?

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

That would depend on the problems with the device.  If the device does not go past the first screen when the phone boots up, a replacement device may be required.  Since you are still having the same issue you may want to have a technician take a look at the device. The assessment of the device  by a technician would determine if the phone could be restored.

0 Likes
fourthmusketeer

hey i know this isn't the same topic...but I can't find a forum for it...my samsung rogue keeps freezing everytime i get on to the internet? I have to take the battery out and put it back in to unfreeze the phone...any ideas?

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

First try these steps:

From the Home Screen, Touch MENU, Media Center, and  Browser.
The VZW Home portal is launched and a pop up screen
with available applications displayed.

Press the menu key for settings and delete  the cache(cookies and temporary files).

Then power the phone off, remove the battery for about 1 minute, then power the phone back on and dial *228 send and option 1 on the device.

If the problem persist a Factory Reset  maybe necessary.

Warning: A Factory Reset will  permanently erase all user data & reset settings to factory defaults.

Reset Factory Settings & Tools

From the main screen, press
Menu.
Press
Settings & Tools.
Press
Phone Settings.
Press
Security.
Enter
Enter Phone Lock Code ???? displays.
Enter the
4 digit lock code, press Done.
( default: last 4 digits of phone number ).
Scroll to
Restore Phone, press OK.
Display: Permanently erase all user data & reset settings to factory defaults?
Press
Yes.

Device will power cycle Off and on. Device will need to be reprogrammed by doing *228

0 Likes