Mobile My Verizon and Data Usage
nanoman
Enthusiast - Level 1

BB 9650

A couple of issue:

1. I installed the "My Verizon Mobile upgrade including Data Usage application"

• Two programs installed "My Verizon" and Data Usage.

When I launch either of these applications I get an error "System Maintenance. Please try again later".

2. BB App World launches with "Sample Terms and Conditions".  I have deleted and re-installed App World several times without resolution.

Also, does anyone experience very low volume on the 9650. I have the setting on the highest volume and it's still difficult to hear.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile My Verizon and Data Usage
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

First, the volume issue was corrected with the latest software update, which is 5.0.0.975.  Updating your device might also fix the error you were recieving with My Verizon. 

Doc

0 Likes
nanoman
Enthusiast - Level 1

My OS is up to date, that is it's 5.0.0.975 and it didn't fix the volume issue.

So, no joy!

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

As far as your problem with My Verizon, I have found that I get the same 'System Maintenance' error unless I turn off my WiFi connection before I try to connect to My Verizon.  I don't know if this is the same problem as you are having as I am running OS 6.0.0.333 and attributed this problem to the new operating system.

I found after upgrading to OS6 that my volume is greatly improved from OS5 versions.  Hopefully VZW will be releasing an official OS6 update very soon.  Until then you might want to check out either bbleaks.com or crackberry.com for more info.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Spiral is correct.  I am running the 5.0.0.975 OS and the My Verizon will give the error system maintenace if you try to connect with WiFi.  You must turn off wifi and connect with 3G mobile network.  It works just fine with 3G.  As far as I know, it does not cost you any data minutes if you use the My Verizon mobile app.  So, thanks Spiral for finding out the fix for us.

Doc

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

StreetDocRN wrote:

Hi,

Spiral is correct.  I am running the 5.0.0.975 OS and the My Verizon will give the error system maintenace if you try to connect with WiFi.  You must turn off wifi and connect with 3G mobile network.  It works just fine with 3G.  As far as I know, it does not cost you any data minutes if you use the My Verizon mobile app.  So, thanks Spiral for finding out the fix for us.

Doc

I can't take all the credit for this, thanks also need to go to our friends at crackberry.com.

0 Likes