(Asurion Insurance) how long do you have to wait to....(click for more)
vzwdroid
Enthusiast - Level 2

hypothetically speaking, if you get insurance on your device mid-contract, and break it 3 days later, are you still able to file a claim or do you have to wait a certain period of time after purchasing insurance?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: (Asurion Insurance) how long do you have to wait to....(click for more)
budone
Legend

You can only get insurance within the first 30 days after the purchase of the phone to eliminate fraud.

0 Likes
vzwdroid
Enthusiast - Level 2

since i just purchased insurance mid-contract, i am still looking for an answer to my original question

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Then I suggest you call and make sure it will work with Assurion. Be sure to point out the insurance fraud you are attempting to perform.

Actually you most likely will not need to point that out when a system audit notices the time line.

0 Likes
vzwdroid
Enthusiast - Level 2

budone wrote:

Then I suggest you call and make sure it will work with Assurion. Be sure to point out the insurance fraud you are attempting to perform.

Actually you most likely will not need to point that out when a system audit notices the time line.

again, it is hypothetical. take a chill pill

0 Likes
vzwdroid
Enthusiast - Level 2

even though i am mid-contract, i failed to add that i purchased a motorola droid via ebay, and activated it 2 months ago. is there any possibility that it could be a 60 day limit in which you can purchase insurance?

and btw, how is it insurance fraud the phone would be sent back to asurion?

0 Likes
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

vzwdroid wrote:

even though i am mid-contract, i failed to add that i purchased a motorola droid via ebay, and activated it 2 months ago. is there any possibility that it could be a 60 day limit in which you can purchase insurance? As far as I am aware, Assurion only offers insurance on devices purchased from Verizon or an authorized Verizon retailer within the past 30 days.  Even if you have insurance on your line currently, it only covers the device you bought the insurance for, not any other phones you activate on that line.  There are other insurance providers out there who will cover devices purchased on e-Bay.

and btw, how is it insurance fraud the phone would be sent back to asurion? I believe budone is describing a situation where you attempt to purchase insurance AFTER the phone is damaged and then immediately file a claim on it.  This happens more often then you might think, and people ask about it here more often than you would expect given that typing out that you are planning to commit fraud is generally not a good idea.

0 Likes
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

In addition to the information budone and spottedcatfish provided here is a link for additional information. Click here http://support.vzw.com/clc/features/calling_features/equipment_protection.html

0 Likes