Problem with Yahoo mail sync
angelrose731

I have used the stock Yahoo app since I got my Droid X almost 2 months ago with no problems.  The last 2 days I have had consistent problems with the sync and I have had to manually prompt it to check for new e-mails after it has been a period of time and I know I would have new e-mails in that account.  I have not changed any of my settings, downloaded any apps or done anything that I can think of that could have in any way effected my Yahoo email.  The GMail still comes through fine.  Has anyone experienced this problem?  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problem with Yahoo mail sync
natsad
Enthusiast - Level 3
Yes, it is a Yahoo account. And I found that deleting and re-adding the accounts in addition to clearing the cache fixed the issue for now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Check your fetch settings:

Messaging > Email Name > Left Menu Button > Email Setting > Email Delivery > Check "Data Fetch" and Set "Fetch Scheldule"

0 Likes
jacf2727

Actually yes, I had the same problem yesterday and called and was on the phone with tech support for 45 minutes and we finally had to erase the entire contents of the phone and start over. I had just bought the phone the day before. Tech guy (who was GREAT by the way, Chris King) said they'd had quite a few calls yesterday and they weren't sure what was going on but thought there must be something going on with Droid but hadn't had any directives about it when I called yesterday a.m.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I noticed this yesterday as well ...   Thought it was strange that I had to continually refresh my email app to check email. I had done nothing; installed nothing new... I rebooted my phone in the afternoon, just to be sure..   Ignored the issue for the time being. Today everything is working fine again.    I SUSPECT that this had more to do with YAHOO email servers (or Google?) not pushing out email for some reason or other ....   IMHO.

0 Likes
spanky4350
Contributor - Level 1

I have noticed this as well. I have my fetch set at 30min but I don't have my push checked. What is the push for? Should I have that checked instead?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I am under impression that if the push option isnt checked the fetch option does not function.

0 Likes
spanky4350
Contributor - Level 1

It says if the push option is turned off then it will default to the fetch option.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You are correct, I seemed to have overlooked that information..:smileysurprised::smileyhappy: , so that makes me believe when push is selected it use the default server retrieval settings and the fetch option allows the user to determine the send and retrieve time limit.

0 Likes
natsad
Enthusiast - Level 3
I'm having this issue as well. My fetch schedule is set to every 15 min. Should I have the data push box checked or not?
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

natsad wrote:
I'm having this issue as well. My fetch schedule is set to every 15 min. Should I have the data push box checked or not?

By chance is the account a Yahoo account?  Yahoo updated their server recently and it seems to be effecting a number of users accounts including my own...  There isnt andy solurion reported as of yet that I know of..

0 Likes