why cant i send videos?
ShellyinSC

my boyfriend has the original droid and can send up to 1min long videos thru text. i have the droid 2 and cant send videos in any format thru text. and i can only send certain ones to emails.  so why cant i send them by text? and they are short videos. less than 30 secs.

0 Likes
Re: why can't i send videos?
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

Within the camera, before you record your video, go into settings and make sure you have the video length and quality set to the "for MMS" settings. Are you taking these steps below to send a video through text?

• From the home screen, touch the applications tab (located at the bottom of the display). 
  • Touch Gallery. 
  • Touch a gallery (e.g. All videos).
  • Touch and hold a video.
  • Touch Share. 
  • Text messaging
  • If presented, touch Yes.
  • To resize, touch Menu.
  • Touch Resize.
  • Touch one of the following options then touch OK:
  • 176x144
  • 320x240
  • Touch Menu.
  • Touch Done.
  • Touch No.
  • From the To field, enter a 10-digit mobile number .
  •  As the number is entered, a matching contact may appear and can be selected at any time.
  •  Alternately, touch the contacts icon (located on the right-side of the To field), touch a contact, touch the appropriate mobile number then touch OK.
  •  Repeat this step as necessary to add additional recipients.
  • To add a subject, touch Menu.
  • Touch Add subject. 
  • Enter a subject. 
  • From the Enter message here field, enter a message.
  • Touch Send. 

Here is a link for additional information. Click here http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=34758#messaging

0 Likes
Re: why can't i send videos?
rubia78

That advice doesn't work when all it tells me is that my video is too big to send.  I don't get to change the size of it.  That's not an option I can find ANYwhere.  I even downloaded Handcent.  Are my only options to record it for a message in the first place or download the $2.99 SendIt?

0 Likes