Voicemail settings
COZIGGY

Trying to set it where I won't have to enter a password when retrieving my voicemail. But the Voicemail settings will not let me tap on it.

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail settings
budone
Legend

I just set up a contact, 'VM' and added the P and security code.

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Go into your Contacts list and find the Voicemail contact. Tap Edit the contact on the menu and enter the following:
After the *86 add a Pause.
After the Pause add P then code to avoid entering a password

0 Likes
godzilla000

I read the post on how to add pauses to voicemail, but how can it be done on the droid incredible. the voicemail settings are not in contacts. kind you do a step by step for the Inc

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

godzilla000 wrote:

I read the post on how to add pauses to voicemail, but how can it be done on the droid incredible. the voicemail settings are not in contacts. kind you do a step by step for the Inc

It would be very similar to what was posted above.

Go into your Contacts list. Press menu, then "new" or "add new contact". Select the type of contact. Enter in the phone number area the following:
*86 add a Pause.
After the Pause add P then code to avoid entering a password

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
spinninghorse

Sorry to be ignorant, but how do you enter a 'P'?  I added the Pause, but there is no 'P' to add before the code.

0 Likes
spinninghorse

While the original subject I was interested in was in the Droid X forum, someone provided a link to the Incredible forum - I am guessing this explains why I don't see a 'P'.  🙂  

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Keyboards are different between phones and users who have downloaded keyboard replacements from the market.
With any of the keyboards, the goal is to add a pause before the phone submits the password. Because of different keyboard configurations a pause can be entered as the comma symbol, a 'P' button, or button labeled 'Pause'.
Take a look at what your keyboard offers and test the various options.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes