Spoken text messages
bagger16

I thought this feature was on this hand set.  Basically so you dont have to read them while you drive.  However I cant figureout how to turn this featured on.  Any help here would be apprciated

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes
Re: Spoken text messages
August03
Contributor - Level 3

You can visit this link to get instructions on how to use the feature and enable it on the device. http://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39333/kw/voice%2Bto%2Btext/p/30%2...

0 Likes
Wizaerd69

The link provided discusses text to speech... what about speech to text?  I see other DRIOD phones where people can enter and send text message via voice commands but doesn;t appear to be available on the DROID Incredible...

0 Likes
elmnt925

go to the android market

search VOICE

download google voice app

hold down the magnifying glass button, hit speak now

say TEXT (name) "hey hows it going?"

and voila, speech to text while driving. keep in mind, you dont have to hit speak now every time, just the first time :smileywink:

hope this helps!

0 Likes
Wizaerd69

I did as you say, went to Android market, typed VOICE in the search and it listed Google Voice App.  When I select it, it actually goes into the market listing, and there is no Google Voice App for download, instead it lists page after page of available apps, none of which is called explicitly Googe Voice App... There's a Goolge Voice Callback, Google Voice Intercept, Google Voice DIaler, etc...  But nothing that appears to be specifically for text messages.

0 Likes
elmnt925

You do have the droid incredible yes? I just went to the market, typed in voice and the VOICE SEARCH app is what I was referring to. Sorry for the confusion. 

0 Likes
Wizaerd69

Yes, I do have the incredible.  And I do already have the Google Voice Search, but it only searches Google, it doesn;t appear to interact with text messages...  I thought this odd since a friend of mine who also has a DROID (although not the incredible) does his voice text messaging through Voice Search too... But I can only appear to search, and not do any text messaging.

0 Likes
elmnt925

you have to press and HOLD the magnifying glass until it prompts you to speak. try it one more time.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
Or just go into message and select who u want to text and when they keyboard pops up touch the Mic and start talking. I have trouble if I try tell Google who to text so I select them and then use the mic on the keyboard. It works pretty well.
0 Likes