Discounts on Data Plans
coachtodd3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone out there know if Verizon gives discounts on the data plans?  We have a corporate discount but I can't find out whether the discount applies directly to the data plan or just my wireless plan in general.

Thanks for the help.

Coach

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Discounts on Data Plans
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey, Coach,

I am on a family plan with a corporate discount.  The discount, which might vary according to the corporate agreement, is usually on the base plan on the main phone and on a service such as VZNavigator or any other such service.  The data plan is not usually discounted.  Also, only the main phone on a family plan is discounted.  All the others are billed as normal.  If you are on a single plan, then obviously your phone is the one discounted.  I hope this helps.

Doc

0 Likes
coachtodd3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Doc.  That is how mine is set up too.  I have been reading on several of these posts saying that there are ways around that and it's up to the company as to what may be discounted.  I know that the discount varies from company to company but from what you say they are discounted the same way.  I have also read that if you want the BES plan that you can sign up for that and then after the phone set up you can downgrade to the BIS plan?  Any truth to that?

Coach

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

coachtodd3 wrote:

...  I have also read that if you want the BES plan that you can sign up for that and then after the phone set up you can downgrade to the BIS plan?  Any truth to that?

Coach

I am not sure on that one.  I haven't heard any thing about a downgrade like that..., sorry. 

Doc

0 Likes