2.2 - How to do a Hard Reset
jennymarie84

So I was told to ask how to do a hard reset to try to fix my phone since the 2.2 update.

Anyone?

0 Likes
Re: 2.2 - How to do a Hard Reset
y2kflhr
Enthusiast - Level 2

to the best of my recollection you turn the phone off, then turn it back on holding in the volume UP button, then you will get a menu, use the volume buttons to get to reset, and fire away, I used astro file manager to back up all my apps to my sd card, I reinstalled them from the market, but at least I had somewhat of a list of what apps I had, you will lose your custom made screens

0 Likes
jennymarie84

Will I lose all of my contacts?  Or should I remove my SD card before doing what you suggested?

Thanks.

0 Likes
MrDew
As long as you have backup assistant youll be fine.it'll be like you just got the phone with 2.2 as far as the reset it is settings> sd & phone storage scroll to the bottom click factory reset and go from there. My sd card was never affected but you can take it out if your nervous
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

back up everything and remove the sd card.  a hard reset will restore the device to exactly what it was when you bought it. apps, cntacts, pics, etc will be lost (everything on the phones memory anyway....anything on the sd card will still be there when you put the card back in after the reset). if you use backup assistant then you can go to your "my verizon" online accoutn and make sure all of your contacts are stored ther. if so, then you'll be able to retreive them. go to settings-->sd & phone storage-->factory data reset....to reset the device.

0 Likes
MrDew
Lol just beat yah.but yes that is a bit more in depth :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

lol

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Resetting the phone deletes all data, including downloaded applications, and resets the phone back to its initial state—the state before you turned on the phone for the first time.
Software v2.1 & v2.2 - Hard Reset Option 2
Power device off
Press and hold VOL Down and Power button at same time until screen displays with 3androids at the bottom.
Press VOL down to highlight Clear Storage, press PWR Button to select option
Clearstorage
Delete All User Data?
<VOL UP> YES
<VOL DOWN> NO

Master Reset: Allows user to reset device back to factory settings.

Resetting the phone deletes all data, including downloaded applications, and resets the phone back to its initial state—the state before you turned on the phone for the first time.

Important: Make sure to back up important data you have on the phone before you reset your device.

(Software v2.2) To Factory reset the phone:

Note: If device is non-responsive, try a soft reset first by removing battery and power on device.
From the home screen, touch Menu 
Touch Settings 
Touch SD & phone storage 
Touch Factory data reset 
Tap Reset phone or Reset phone & internal storage 
Tap Erase everything

(Note: Reset may take anywhere from 1 - 10 minutes for reset and restart depending on amount of data on device.

0 Likes