Blinking triangle!!
shwnktrna

I have this blinking triangle in the top portion of my phone. I have takin everything off my phone and rebooted n done everything that everyone else has told me to do nothing has worked. What does it mean. Every time I try to download the manual I seem to have a problem LOL so my luck can someone help explain please

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blinking triangle!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Have you tried downloading the manual with a computer?
This just a guess without knowing what phone you have (I can't see that info in the mobile web page). The blinking triangle might mean you have lost data connection either by being in a dead zone or you're roaming.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

shwnktrna wrote:

I have this blinking triangle in the top portion of my phone. I have takin everything off my phone and rebooted n done everything that everyone else has told me to do nothing has worked. What does it mean. Every time I try to download the manual I seem to have a problem LOL so my luck can someone help explain please

Hi,

You should try to look up the error code in the manual.   :smileyhappy:  Just a little joke.

you are probably loosing your network connection.  Try downloading it via wifi or on a computer.  also, when the triangle appears you can drag down the notification bar and see what the issue is.

Good luck.

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

Ann154 wrote:
Have you tried downloading the manual with a computer?
This just a guess without knowing what phone you have (I can't see that info in the mobile web page). The blinking triangle might mean you have lost data connection either by being in a dead zone or you're roaming.

Sorry Ann...I didnt see your post.  My reply screen was up for a few min before i posted it.  

So....What Ann said is probably right.

DJ.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@dj
That's alright. LOL
Sometimes it's guess and by golly with the mobile view of the website. All I see is name, rank and post. Part of reason I stuck my phone type in my signature line.

BTW it was a complete and utterly out of the head guess. So I'm glad I guessed right since you just confirmed it with your post.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

Ann154 wrote:
@dj
That's alright. LOL
Sometimes it's guess and by golly with the mobile view of the website. All I see is name, rank and post. Part of reason I stuck my phone type in my signature line.

BTW it was a complete and utterly out of the head guess. So I'm glad I guessed right since you just confirmed it with your post.

Too funny!  My answer was also a complete and utterly out of the head guess!   We both can't be wrong, so mathematics would say we are right!

Dj.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
My lungs.... can't take any.... more, Captain... laughing too hard!

Ok back to the OP. I did find in the Dinc manual a triangle with a exclamation point in it that is a general notification. The Eris has it too, I know have seen it recently. If you pull down the notification bar like DJ said, it will tell what going on. Hopefully some of the phones have something similar.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I think it is a roaming signal. The notification triangle has never blinked when I have seen it.

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

budone wrote:

I think it is a roaming signal. The notification triangle has never blinked when I have seen it.

Maybe...i turned off my roming notifications.

Off topic but, it's a little disheartening to see that I am considered a "bronze contributor 2" with only 250 posts, and you are still a "bronze contributor 2" with 1800 posts.  I think the forum needs to change how they "reward" people with statuses.

Dj.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

djtonic wrote:

budone wrote:

Maybe...i turned off my roming notifications.

Off topic but, it's a little disheartening to see that I am considered a "bronze contributor 2" with only 250 posts, and you are still a "bronze contributor 2" with 1800 posts.  I think the forum needs to change how they "reward" people with statuses.

Dj.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I have thought about asking, but I think maybe at 2000 I will move to the lead level! :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes