Cost of Texting
jdombc

We send a few (and receive a few) text messages each month. It seems to me all of the plans are for unlimited text messaging there a plan where you can send a set amount each month for a reasonable fee?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cost of Texting
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have Talk minutes only you can add:

$5/mo for 250 texts (sent and received)
$10/mo for 500 texts PLUS unlimited texts M2M
$20/mo for 5000 texts PLUS unlimited M2M

This is per line, and each line on a family plan can have its own bundle. It makes more sense to bump up to the Talk & Text plan and get unlimited texting on all lines, if you have 3 or more phones and everyone likes to text! You have to determine what you can afford, how much texting you will do to figure out what will work for you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have Talk minutes only you can add:

$5/mo for 250 texts (sent and received)
$10/mo for 500 texts PLUS unlimited texts M2M
$20/mo for 5000 texts PLUS unlimited M2M

This is per line, and each line on a family plan can have its own bundle. It makes more sense to bump up to the Talk & Text plan and get unlimited texting on all lines, if you have 3 or more phones and everyone likes to text! You have to determine what you can afford, how much texting you will do to figure out what will work for you.

0 Likes
jdombc

Thanks-just my wife and I. We are both retired and use it mainly with our grandchildren. It is not a cost problem but 250 seems like more then enough

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Just to add, M2M is Verizon to Verizon mobile only.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

jdombc wrote:

Thanks-just my wife and I. We are both retired and use it mainly with our grandchildren. It is not a cost problem but 250 seems like more then enough

Then I would recommend adding the $5/250 texts to each line (total $10) and try it for a month.  It may be more than adequate for both of you!  If you find that you are going over the limit, or your grandchildren are also on Verizon, then the 500 texts with unlimited M2M may be a better fit.  You'll need to see what you actual usage is and then add the plan that fits best.

0 Likes