Turn off the vibrate mode.
MNTwinsFan

Hi.

How do you turn off the vibrate?  When you press on the home, back, search buttons.

Thanks,

Jamie

0 Likes
Re: Turn off the vibrate mode.
JG69

This is called Haptic Feedback, and it can be turned on/off here:

Settings->Sound->Feedback->Haptic Feedback

That being said, I cannot turn this off on my D2.  I don't know if I have a bad unit or what, but maybe you'll have better luck than me.

Hope this helps...

0 Likes
MNTwinsFan

Thanks!

It's not your droid 2.  Mine doesn't turn off either.  

0 Likes
honeybee

Not working on mine either. I find this pretty annoying. 😕

0 Likes
JG69

I took my D2 into a VZW corporate owned store to report the issue (as well as the Wifi on/off cycling issue reported elsewhere), and they were puzzled why this didn't work.  They looked at their internal KB and reported that no one else has complained about this issue so far.  I asked them when they thought it might be resolved, and they basically shrugged their shoulders and said "we have no idea" and that it really wasn't that big a deal in the first place.  Typical response, I guess.  I suppose we'll have to wait for a future update to fix the problem...

0 Likes
mobilecad

I checked and this doesn't work on mine either. I also tried having it turned off and rebooting the phone. The option stayed turned off, but the phone still did the haptic feedback. 

0 Likes
RGRav8tr

I have the same issue. It vibrates when my phone rings too. I have tried to turn oof the Haptic and all other vibrate functions are off. Who has the answer... Verizon stores seem to not have an answer. Tech Support??? Well when some one gets an answer or 2.2 includes a fix. I will continue to be annoyed at constant vibration. Oh...AND YES VERIZON STORE CLERK IT IS A BIG DEAL! To me the customer...maybe not to you...but it is to us in the forum with the issue.

0 Likes
pmead

I agree very annoying.  I want a SILENT phone at times and this includes the VIBRATION.  Ugh...they have issues with this D2 - why are they not addressing them??? 

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Download "beautiful silent"

Or go to menu>
Settings>
Sound>
Vibrate check never
0 Likes
bobn

Cobjones wrote:
Download "beautiful silent"

Or go to menu>
Settings>
Sound>
Vibrate check never

Niether "Beautiful Silence" nor the settings work for the Menu, Home, Back and Search buttons.

0 Likes