Droid X Will Not Charge
pjg

I've had the Droid X for almost a month and it worked fine (except for the navigation screen continually reverting back to the home page) but now I'm having trouble getting it to charge.  I have the car dock and two separate USB wall chargers.  Using all three chargers, I have to plug and un-plug the phone at least 5  or 6 times before the little lightening bolt shows up.  I've had to spend up to 10 minutes playing with the chargers before the phone would finally start charging.  I discovered this the hard way when I plugged it in at night and woke up to a dead phone.  Because the issue is happening with multiple chargers, I'm thinking that this is a hardware issue with the phone.  Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Droid X Will Not Charge
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Mine has been charging just fine every time I plug it in (daily) ...  You should probably take it to a VZN store before your 30-day exchange expires.

0 Likes
Med_ed

Have you considered that the problem might be the charging port on the actual phone?  Call VZ support and see what they can do for you.  One month I believe qualifies you for a free exchange. 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Have you tried rebooting device before pluggin in device and see if the device starts charging without issues, if this corrects issue then you have something closing the application that controls the charging feature (I noticed this with some Task Killers but  Advance Task Killer didnt cause this issue for me)... If problem continues then I would agree that it could be the charging port because the issue being with multiple chargers sounds like a thin chance of this happening.

0 Likes
TVC15

I had mine for about a week before it quit charging.  I put it on the charger after the battery ran out, it charged to 20% and stayed there for hours.  I took it in to a verizon store and they tested the battery and charger and found out it was the charger port on the phone that quit working.  They arranged for a replacement phone and gave me a new battery to use on my old phone to help me get through the 3 days it took to get my new phone (I turned the phone on just to check messages and then turned it off).   My new phone has worked great now for about a month. 

0 Likes
pjg

Thanks for the comments.  I'm pretty sure that it is the charging port on the phone.  I went on another droid x forum and it I'm not the only one that had this issue.  Looks like I'll have to head for the Verizon store.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

pjg wrote:

Thanks for the comments.  I'm pretty sure that it is the charging port on the phone.  I went on another droid x forum and it I'm not the only one that had this issue.  Looks like I'll have to head for the Verizon store.

You could always charge your battery in another phone for the mean time.  Just make sure the battery that you charge the phone in is compatible for the battery!

0 Likes
Mjnub1
I have the same issue my phone gets extremely hot and doesn't charge I called verizon support they told me to download task killer lololol.
0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Mjnub1 wrote:
I have the same issue my phone gets extremely hot and doesn't charge I called verizon support they told me to download task killer lololol.

It's bad enough that the store employees are installing it on the droid phones for a customer... now support on the phone are telling people to?  Wow!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I still think the Task Killers apps are getting a raw deal, I have had nothing but a positive experience using Advance Task Killer.  I think too many is taking one article a little to serious because my device has performed well with using one but so many individuals respond like this is a poison. :smileywink:

0 Likes