Cell Phone Users BEWARE of Spyware for Cell Phones! It really DOES EXISTS!!!
anastasiabeaver

I have spoken with at least 5 people that currently work at Verizon Wireless and asked them what they could tell me about cell phone spying.  I was basically treated like I was crazy.  No one has heard of this but yet this is not something new.  It has been around for awhile now.  I have been doing a lot of research on this due to the fact that I feel that my phone and a few of my friends phones now have this spyware on our phones!  We are talking about someone being able to listen to all of your conversations, get all of your picture & text messages, have GPS to know where you are at all times, AND even listen LIVE when you are not using the phone.  ANYWHERE...ANYTIME!  The fact that it is almost virtually impossible to detect the spyware may be the reason I have been treated the way I have.  Maybe Verizon and other companies haven't been able to figure out how to fix this "little" problem and want to pretend that it doesn't exist!  Well, here is link that can explain it better than I ever thought of.  I just wanted to, for a lack of better words, PUT A BUG IN UR EAR"!  Everyone should know about this!!

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=9346833&nav=menu188_2_2

You may not be able to click on this website so you will have to type it in!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cell Phone Users BEWARE of Spyware for Cell Phones! It really DOES EXISTS!!!
BAN
Enthusiast - Level 2
i am curious is there something that is specifically happening with your cellphone that makes you think this might be happening on your phone?  as far as i knew there was no way to "clone" of "hack" a verizon wireless phone at least thats what i have been told.
0 Likes
Re: Cell Phone Users BEWARE of Spyware for Cell Phones! It really DOES EXISTS!!!
anastasiabeaver

First of all, that is not the solution.  I accidentally pushed the mouse.  Anyway, I know for a fact that this is true because I have seen it with my own eyes.  Do a little research and find out yourself, I am just trying to let people know the truth since these cell phone companies are trying to keep it under raps.

Me & and friend have LG's and recently both of our phones have started acting crazy.  Turning themselves off, being in a completely different screen than the screen it was left in, feeling warm to the touch while sitting idle, making crazy popping noises, certain settings have been changed, and the password protect for email got turned off mysteriously.

My point is that this is for real and all cell phone users need to be concerned.  We have to get firewalls, spyware, & antivirus available for our cell phones stat!

0 Likes
vztelecom
Contributor - Level 1

I can't tell if this is a fake poster or not.

Message Edited by vztelecom on 04-22-2009 08:45 PM
0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3

Remember that ALL activity geets logged into the SWITCH. That is how cloning gets tracked. So even if someone was listening, all a tech would need to do is look at the log in the switch and check the esn/mdn/mins of the hanset and the tower cell id where the calls are being originated/listened from.

0 Likes
LegacyHax

Currently there is no spyware for standard phones at all.  As for PDA's there have not been any reports to my knowledge of any working spyware applications.  Due to the nature of VZW handsets things cannot be simply installed if it is a standard handset.

As for PDA's there are programs people may install on them to allow the tracking and such.  As long as you do not install this nothing will happen like this.

I do not believe that you are crazy as it can be a serious concern to anyone to have a phone act erratically.  Have you had your phone checked to see if a software update might be available? 

I do not know what type of phone you do have but there is truly no reason for alarm as far as spyware as of yet.  Who knows what the future will bring though.

LegacyHax

0 Likes
anastasiabeaver

Okay, I'm not going to go back and forth with this conversation because I know what I have seen and heard.  I know that it is real and it is here now.  This is not something that "may" happen in the future.  If it makes you and others feel better, we can all pretend that this doesn't exist!  I guess I should also believe that cloning phones  isn't possible either. 

Its all good.   Just thought I would pass on some information for people who have never heard of this spy technology.  Thanks!

0 Likes
LegacyHax

I am not saying that this does not exist, I am saying that unless your installing a program that has it (which if there are there are not many of) you could not possibly get it on your handset.  Furthermore, the only way it could happen is on a PDA/Blackberry device if it were to happen. 

So to avoid unwanted software only download and install from trusted sources.  There are tracking methods for ALL information sent/recieved from a device also so if spyware were to be contracted and you worried that its doing things it would show up in a ton of logs that would show these signs.

Again, I am not saying that it does not exist just not on the scale that you seem to be implying.

0 Likes
createuserid

Keep it under raps? lol...

But this is possible...it's more of the hacker level calling microsoft insisting someone is hacking their computer...they will think your crazy but it's possible and not that hard.

0 Likes
anastasiabeaver
THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
0 Likes