ringer tones for different people with Droid X
patricia2127

How do you assign different ringer tones for different people with the Droid X

0 Likes
Re: ringer tones for different people with Droid X
babyscot
Enthusiast - Level 3

Open the contact, then press the menu button, then the edit button, when your contact opens press on the additional info ( a little arrow will point down) scroll down and scroll down to call handling and tap ringtone and set it to the sound you like. Hope this helped you some...

0 Likes
DoneDidDroidX
Contributor - Level 1

Go to "Contacts" and click on the contact you want to assign the ringtone to.

Then click on "Menu".

Scroll all the way down to the bottom to "Additional info" and tap the little arrow on the right so that it is pointing down.

Then scroll further down to the second to last item "Call handling" and you will see "ringtone".

Tap "ringtone and you will see a list of your ringtones.

Select one.

Hit "save".

Quite simple:smileywink:

0 Likes
DoneDidDroidX
Contributor - Level 1

Well Babyscot beat me to it.:smileysurprised:

0 Likes
desertwest

I just got my droid x and it doesn't seem to have the option to 'Scroll all the way down to the bottom to "Additional info" '.

When I tap the "menu" button, I get the choices of Edit, Delete, Link Contact, Invite to, and Share Name on Card.  There is no way to scroll down to anything additional.  If I tap the "edit" button, it will just allow editing of the contact information and nothing that I can find regarding ringtone.

I am new to the phone and to Android and realize that there is a learning curve and ask for assistance.

Thank you much.

0 Likes
heymary

Hit edit first. Then scroll down. Its at the bottom of that screen.

0 Likes
desertwest

When I hit "edit" it gives me the edit screen and there is no scrolling ability.  It shows the contact info and a keyboard to make changes.  None of the buttons allow any changes or references to a ringtone. 

Appreciate your assistance.

Could this be a change due to the OS upgrade??

Thanks.

0 Likes
desertwest

Okay, I found it.  I was trying to scroll from the bottom of the screen and then realized that I needed to scroll from the middle of the screen.  Thank you very much for the help.

0 Likes
DaLlama
Enthusiast - Level 3

THE ONLY THING I DONT LIKE ABOUT THIS FEATURE IS NOT BEING ABLE TO ASIGN STORED mp3 TO A CONTACT...KINDA LIKE WHEN U CAN ASSIGN AN mp3 AS YOUR RINGER...I WISH WE COULD ASSIGN DIFFERENT mp3s FOR DIFFERENT PEOPLE.....JUST SAYING....

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

DaLlama wrote:

THE ONLY THING I DONT LIKE ABOUT THIS FEATURE IS NOT BEING ABLE TO ASIGN STORED mp3 TO A CONTACT...KINDA LIKE WHEN U CAN ASSIGN AN mp3 AS YOUR RINGER...I WISH WE COULD ASSIGN DIFFERENT mp3s FOR DIFFERENT PEOPLE.....JUST SAYING....

I think you can do it with the app called Ringo Lite

0 Likes