What is Backup Assistant
Jen-X

Ok, I'm new to Droid X...much less the smartphone world. What the heck is the Backup Assistant for the Droid X?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: What is Backup Assistant
Wildman
Legend

It is a software to backup your contacts, emails and text messages to a server that can be used to recover from in a situation of having to hard reset device or if you replace a device you wont loose all your information.. 

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Backup Assistant safeguards your mobile phone's address book and automatically saves a copy of the names, phone numbers, and email addresses stored in your phone!

Automatic Backup 
Automatically back up your mobile contacts to your online address book. Never worry about losing a name or number again.

Easy Transfer
If your phone is lost, stolen or damaged, or you decide to upgrade, easily restore your saved address book to your new phone.

Online Editing

Add, delete, edit and print your contacts online and send the changes to your mobile phone.

Import and Export Contacts

Now you can import contacts directly to your online address book and sync with your phone. Or, export your contacts

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Boy, TheGreatOne did you memorize the handbooks description or simply copy and paste? .. :smileyhappy:  Nice description....

0 Likes
Jen-X

thank you everyone for your responses. loving this droid x community forum.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Wildman wrote:

Boy, TheGreatOne did you memorize the handbooks description or simply copy and paste? .. :smileyhappy:  Nice description....

Yes I did copy & paste. :smileytongue:

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

How is this different than the contacts in GMAIL?  or do they work together?  I had planned to not use the stock email app when my phone arrives, but rather k-9 (it was recommended) ....  So if I use K-9 and set-up my YAHOO email, can I assume that the GMAIL contacts will come down to the phone for my use with YAHOO & K-9 ??

sorry for the long question -- just trying to do it right the 1st time.

0 Likes