How long should this really take?
RoyalInquisitor

I went into a Verizon Wireless store in El Cajon, Ca on Saturday, 8/7. I ordered my DX and was told i'd get a call on Tuesday or Wednesday for the tracking number. When the call didn't come, i took initiative and called Verizon myself. When i asked why i didn't receive my tracking number, the representative asked me hold on while she checked to see when the order was entered. I hung up after 16 minutes of being on hold. Once i called back, another representative apologized and told me that my order would ship out from the warehouse in Ontario, CA on the 17th or 18th. I called just yesterday to check for a tracking number and was told by yet another representative that my tracking number would be posted on my account when FedEx picked it up, and then told me she was occupied with another customer and couldn't check. I then called Grossmont's branch and was told that my order would not arrive at my house until the 25th. What is going on? I hear people ordering two days ago and getting them today. Can i get no straight answers? I was originally thinking of maybe going to AT&T for the iPhone, and despite it's inferiority, is sounding like a better choice.

When should my order arrive??

0 Likes
Re: How long should this really take?
kekopp

See this thread:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/Fill-in-your-times-Ordered-at-x-xx-am-actually-enter...

I am 12 days & counting.

Yes, it appears true, Verizon does not care who ordered when they do what they want & you are only the little customer...

0 Likes
Galt56

I ordered on the 12th in-store and I finally got a fed ex tracking number for delivery by the 30th today.  Phone shipped out of Ontario, CA. 

I have not idea how the delivery of these phones was handled, but it seems that they shipped regionally when ever the most local warehouse received stock.  unfortunately, it seems the west coast was the not the first warehouse to get phones. 

Nice to see the phone finally shipped and I can finally port my number and drop my ATT contract.  I am sure this was worth the wait as not much could be more painful than fighting with the Iphone 4s my wife and I returned to apple!!  My wife loves her Droid 2 and I am sure the X will be more of the same!!

Good luck!

0 Likes
ozzyhead50

kekopp wrote:

See this thread:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/Fill-in-your-times-Ordered-at-x-xx-am-actually-enter...

I am 12 days & counting.

Yes, it appears true, Verizon does not care who ordered when they do what they want & you are only the little customer...

I agree. After the way I was treated at the Verizon store I bought my DX from(Yeah, you Mr.Roudy, in Hanford Ca.,1604 West Lacey Blvd.). On top of that,the order status page doesn't work for half us trying to use it. CS gives you different answers. Ordered 8-16 from the rude salesman. Filled out a customer survey about it. Have I heard anything back? Nope.

0 Likes
philnolan3d

It took me 7 days from ordering to recieving.  It would have been 8 but the nice FedEx folks on Twitter hooked me up.

0 Likes