access the internet from my laptop
slj73

This may be a silly question but I have not had this type of phone before and before I do away with my home internet I need to know how this is going to work.....

Can you access the internet if connected to the phone via your laptop or do you have to have a hotspot in order to have internet access? 

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: access the internet from my laptop
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

The phone itself serves as the hotspot. Once you have enabled the hotspot just choose the phone as your wireless server and you can access the internet via your laptop. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Also note that it isn't really meant to be a substitute for primary internet and anytime you're on a call, you won't have internet.  Believe the hotspot addition only comes with 2GB for $20 so you can blow through that quick if you aren't careful.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

do your research BEFORE you cancel your online service. the above post is correct. you can't be on the phone while it is being used as a hot spot. and you have to have the additional subscription service to use it as a hot spot. it's at least $20 (i thought it was $30) per month....on top of your data plan.

0 Likes