Old Text Messages
Zarthrax

Is there a way to get a hold of text messages that have been deleted off your phone, or is this a contact the service provider situation?

0 Likes
Re: Old Text Messages
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

They're likely gone. Even if verizon does keep track of them, you'd probably need a court order to retrieve them.

0 Likes
Natashia86
Contributor - Level 1

PJNC284 is correct. Once the message is deleted from your phone, the only way to retrieve deleted messages is to have a court subpoena.  Hope this information is helpful. 

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

You may want to check though to see if you saved the text messages to a particular place. I use SMS Backup to save my texts to my sd card. Also go to the link below if you have a court order to contact Verizon.

Question:

How do I retrieve text and picture messages after I have deleted them from my wireless phone?

Answer:

At this time, there is not way to retrieve a text, picture, or video message without a court ordered subpoena.  If you do have this document, please contact Verizon Wireless with your request at:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/index.jsp

0 Likes
Brigitte

Where do I find this SMS backup so I can save some text messages to my SD card and put it into my new phone?

0 Likes
HipHopTechie

Brigitte wrote:

Where do I find this SMS backup so I can save some text messages to my SD card and put it into my new phone?

You can find it by searchin in the Android Market.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Brigitte wrote:

It is in the market as someone else said. I use the one by Michele Valentini. There are other SMS backup apps as well like the one by Christioph Studer which is better. That automatically backs up your SMS to your gmail account

0 Likes
Brigitte

Thank you everyone for your reply.  I didn't look to see that this was for the Android.

I have an EnV2 that I would like to transfer the text messages to my new Intensity II.  Is there an easy way of transferring?

Thanks

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Brigitte wrote:

Thank you everyone for your reply.  I didn't look to see that this was for the Android.

I have an EnV2 that I would like to transfer the text messages to my new Intensity II.  Is there an easy way of transferring?

Thanks

Oh okay. The best way to transfer text messages in your case would be to forward them to your email address. Include the phone number and data/info in the text before forwarding. Once their on your email address just forward them to your new Insnsity. Use the email address 10digitcellnumber@vtext.com where it says 10digitcell number insert your 10 digit cell number.

0 Likes