SMS Backup
Engine
After three years, I've decided it's time to replace my aging Motorola V3M. I have purchased a new phone, and am ready to activate it, but I need to back up the text messages from the old one before I get rid of it. What do I need to do in order to backup the SMS messages from my V3M?
Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: SMS Backup
jpierce1979

You could save the sms by forwarding to your vtext account that comes with the My Verizon. You would simply forward the SMS by entering the following 10digitmobilenumer@vtext.com. Then to get the SMS you log into My Verizon or you can go to vtext.com.

But keep in mind, it will show as a forward text and will not show the original sender.

0 Likes
Engine
Thank you. That would definitely be one solution, which I'll certainly keep in mind. I could also e-mail them to my own non-vtext e-mail account, but that solution would be less-than-optimal, because I'll have hundreds of text messages that would need to be archived, and ideally I'd certainly want to have at least the sender [and preferably the date and time stamps] intact.
0 Likes
RedneckGenius
Enthusiast - Level 1
i used to use a program called BITPIM with some of my older phones, i think it had the ability to save txt messages. you would need to get a cable for your computer to use it. im not sure if using a program like this will void a warranty you might want to look into that first
0 Likes
SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2
Direct VZW corporate locations also have the ability to flash your text messages from one phone to another along with contacts and pictures/video.
0 Likes