How to remove unwanted apps?
thyme
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone came with some apps.  I like the Kindle app, but want to remove the Blockbuster and City ID apps.  I cannot figure out how to do this. 

The City ID is especially annoying/intrusive and randomly opens asking me if I want to subscribe or "continue my free trial."  There's no option  to get it to stop pestering me! 

Can someone walk me through how to take the apps off?

0 Likes
Re: How to remove unwanted apps?
budone
Legend

You can not delete them. I have not received a message from City ID since the 15 day trial ended.

0 Likes
toothdaddy

That's bad news, especially as many of the installed apps use a lot of battery life and restart their own services no matter how often you stop them. Wonder if Verizon has any remedy for this?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

CtyID uses a very small amount of memory and nearly non existent battery use.  Blockbuster I would think the same as it will not run a movie unless you order and start it.

But I agree we should be able to take them off, but those companies most likely paid verizon to have their programs on the phones.

0 Likes
thyme
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow, how lame. 

It is my phone. I paid to own it, am paying fees to Verizon to use it, and I think I should be able to decide what apps I want to be on it.  I will write a letter to Verizon complaining.

0 Likes
jmorton10

{edit for TOS violation}

If you remove certain apps that came in the phone, you will never be able to update it.

~John

Be Careful. While our members are generally helpful and eager to provide useful information, Wireless customers need to be cautious on what you decide to download as there is always potential risk that your device may be damaged or void your warranty.

Further, any posted content that states any benefits of why rooting or hacking should be done is also not allowed.

Thank you.

0 Likes