Re: deleting email
dannyro

I agree with the last poster. Coming from a Blackberry (and quite honestly, mostly liking the Droid better in almost every way) I am really disappointed with the handling of email on this phone.   To me, a "smartphone" is supposed to help simplify your life- via deleting emails from the server when you delete them on the phone.  Going through emails you deleted 5 days ago on your phone that still show up in outlook/windows live mail is a waste of time.  Please fix this issue.

Also, how can there not be an option to move emails to a  "saved" folder for emails that you want to hang on to in a dedicated folder away from your inbox?  These are two pretty glaring issues with email on this phone, and I was really surprised after reading through forums that this is really the case.

Motorola/Google/Verizon: Please find a way to fix these issues!!

Thanks,

Dan

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Are you all setting up your emails as IMAP???  The reason I ask is, I was poking around the Moto DroidX site and it states, "POP3 accounts will give you the option to Delete email from server. It is recommended to keep the default setting Never so you do not delete emails from the account until you do so from the PC."

I have no idea if this will work or not for deleting or not deleting from the server. Choose an email account that lists available emails. Dont open an email.

Click,  "Menu then More, then Settings. Is there an option called Send and Receive?? On the DINC, my POP3 accounts has this option.

Here is the link below you can use for setting up email accounts on the Droids.  These would work for the Dinc also.  Although I have Charter and I set it up as POP3 not IMAP.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39427/kw/delete%20from%20server

0 Likes
dannyro

I am pretty sure that link refers the the original Droid only; not the Droid X.  I tried changing my "delete messages after how long" option to something other than "never" and I still do not have an option to delete from server.  What I dont understand is how can the original Droid have this option and the Droid X does not???

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I now notice it states just Droid, but it was from the Droid X support screen.

I am shocked if that option was removed.

0 Likes