phone keeps freezing?
kimiko23

I've had this phone for about a week or two now, and I love everything about it. It is brilliant.

However, tonight I was exploring more of the programs available and I added about 35 songs to my phone. I also added a calender and some events. Then my mother called (I missed it) and left me a voicemail. That's when my phone started freezing up.

I slid the lock bar down and that took about a minute to unfreeze, then the same when I drew my unlock pattern. It took me about 5 minutes to finally get to the voicemail due to how much it kept freezing up. I wasn't sure what the cause was so I got rid of the music player and calender widgets. Now that everything is back to how I originally had my phone, it is still freezing. The bar/unlock pattern are quick but when I slide from screen to screen it lags.

Surely the phone should be able to handle a calender, music player and voicemail? That is what it is meant to do, no?

Has anyone else had this problem? How can I fix it/should I contact verizon about it?

0 Likes
Re: phone keeps freezing?
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried restarting your phone?  After installing and uninstalling all of those apps a restart would probably improve the problems you're having.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Spottedcatfish is correct, have you power cycled the phone??? I tend to do it twice a day. I have an app (Device Information) that shows memory detail and RAM is just sucked up throughout the day.

Once I power cycle the phone, the memory is where it should be.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Agreed... sounds like too much going on. I've also had better luck rebooting phone after major install/uninstall of apps.
0 Likes