PICTURES from old phone to new one
jaxfan37

HOW DO YOU TRANSFER PICTURES FROM OLD PHONE TO NEW. AND ALSO FROM ONLINE ALBUM TO NEW PHONE?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: PICTURES from old phone to new one
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are several ways.  In some cases it depends on the phone(s) you have.  Some methods it doesn't matter.  If you have text messaging, you can use that too.  Does either phone have a micro SD card?  That's probably the easiest way to transfer them.

1-In store - you can take both phones in to a Verizon store and in most cases they can transfer the pics for you.

2-Online album - if you have uploaded the pics from the old phone to the online album, you can go into the album and then send them to your new phone via text message, or to your email address to store them on your computer.

3-Text message -if the old phone is still active, you can text them to your email address, and then send them back to your new phone when it is activated.

4-SD card - by far the simplest way to go.  Save all the pics from the old phoone onto an SD card, then put the card in the computer and save the pix there.  Put the card into the new phone (it may need reformatting to work in the new phone, which is why you save all the pix to your computer!), make sure it's formatted to work, then put it in your computer and copy the pix back to the card in the My_Pix folder.

HTH, and post back if you have any questions.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

jaxfan37 wrote:

HOW DO YOU TRANSFER PICTURES FROM OLD PHONE TO NEW. AND ALSO FROM ONLINE ALBUM TO NEW PHONE?

I like to transfer pictures my sending the pics to my email address.Then open email(s) on computer and save pics to computer. Quite easy that way. You can send to online album too as you said. When you send them to your online album you can just send them back to the new phone when you have it activated. 

• Scroll over messaging
  • Manage your photo albums
  • Click on the picture you want
  • Send message
  • Under uploads you can drag more pictures into that step 2 box
  • Click preview & send
  • Enter in your 10 digit cell number
  • Send

0 Likes
ncgramma
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have tried this on my NEW phone (LG Cosmos) and it worked fine the 1st time!  Now when I try it and go to view the picture message it just shows a ? inside a box where the pictures should be!  Hmmmm.  Guess I will try sending from my computer as an 'attachment'.  Wish I knew what was going on??

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated!!

0 Likes