Droid X - Headset jack question
WyoDroidX

This is probably a really easy question, but I cannot seem to find an answer on the web. 

Does the Droid X 3.5mm  jack support headphones with an integrated mic? I've tried plugging in my iPhone headset into my Droid X, and while I am able to hear sound, it doesn't to recognize the mic. I'm really like having a wired headset - so any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
Re: Droid X - Headset jack question
AaronTahoe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, it supports them. I'm using the Plantronics MX150 Headset that Verizon sells with my Droid X. Everything works as expected, including the button on the cord that invokes voice commands. Maybe the iPhone headset has some proprietary connection about it.

My only issue with it is that the volume is often too low when driving on the freeway, even if turned all the way up. Reading on support forums, this appears to be a general issue with the Droid X (not just that headset). Talking with both Verizon and Motorola today, they appear to be working on a software solution to increase the max volume for all aspects of the phone.

0 Likes
WyoDroidX

Thanks for the quick reply Aaron. I wonder too about the iPhone headset, I used it with my BlackBerry Bold previously and it worked great, well the mic part anyways. 

I wonder if their is a physical difference in the headset jack - Can you take a look at the "plug" on your plantornics headset - does it have 3 "lines" on it? or 4? 

0 Likes
skullface8
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
AaronTahoe
Enthusiast - Level 3

You're welcome. The headset has a smaller plug size with only two black lines along the jack. That is plugged into a short wired conversion jack (which came included with it) that brings it up to the droid's jack size. The end that plugs into the droid has three black lines along the gold jack.

0 Likes