text messages sent
KRetz

I know when I successfully send a text message...a "Message Sent" is displayed.  But how do I know that message was received if I don't get a reply?  Within the past couple days, there have been 2 people I regularly text that have told me they didn't receive a recent text.  I can see I sent it, I checked my text messages on my account and it shows they were sent to the correct phone numbers.  It gets weirder....they have initiated texts since, and I can reply and they receive it.

Are they both just messing with me or is there some problem going on?  

Thanks...

..Karen

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: text messages sent
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are texting to Verizon #'s, you can tell if the message was actually received on the phone.  The Sent message (in your Sent messages folder) will have a green check mark.  If you are sending to another carrier, you will not get a green check, just the green arrow that signifies successfully SENT.

text_icons.jpg

0 Likes
KRetz

thanks...and i don't mean to get too weird about this...but just because i can see it was sent, doesn't mean it was actually delivered to their phone; right?   or does it?  one number is a sprint, one is at&t

: )

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

KRetz wrote:

thanks...and i don't mean to get too weird about this...but just because i can see it was sent, doesn't mean it was actually delivered to their phone; right?  That's correct - since they are on other carriers, it will always show as SENT, never DELIVERED.  The only messages that will show as DELIVERED are those sent to other Verizon cell phones.  And you still don't know if they read the message or not, it just means they received it on their phone.  or does it?  one number is a sprint, one is at&t

: )

0 Likes