Re: My phone will not ring
folkartnut2

Mine Won't ring anymore either just vibrates. After I was setting my phone to try out smart options it quit. Now I have found out it is cause of the smart profile settings. Geez wish I would of known that before I tried them out. Now they are saying to do a hard reset. I really don't want to loose everything. I guess I will have to wait for a few days to see if they come up with a fix. Please verizon and motorola solve this problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happened to me and found out it has happened to alot of people. A Ringer is important for a Phone!!!!!! I love my phone hope all problems can be fixed soon.

0 Likes
Thalinor

Known Problem as documented on Motorola's Website.  I posted the following fix there too; hope it helps!

After few hours I decided to try something on a whim that did, the following is how I solved the problem.

Download the free app called "System Panel" from the Google store.  My version is the paid one, which makes the app run in the task bar for easy use but I don't think it matters if you have the free or paid version.  The program is a task killer but seems to be more advanced then the typical task killer app.

I had the following settings checked; I don’t know if it matters and the only reason they were this way was because I was randomly turning things off and on while trying to fix this issue when I decided to try the following trick.  I honestly did not think it would work so its not like I really was paying attention to what settings were turned off and on at the time.  Anyway, provided just in case it does matter:

Sound & Display:

Silent Mode UNCHECKED

Ringer Volume Max, Incoming Volume for Notifications UNCHECKED, Notification Volume Max

Ringtone: Droid Speaks (Because I wanted her to speak to me again, lol)

Phone Vibrate UNCHECKED

Audible Touchtone CHECKED

Haptic Feedback UNCHECKED

Double-Tap to Silence UNCHECKED

Smart Profile: Face Down CHECKED

1) Start System Panel

2) Look for the "End All" at the bottom center of the screen.  Tap It.

3) By default you will see System Apps and Excluded Apps (The first two lines) greyed out.  Active Apps, Background Apps, and Inactive Apps will all be colored from olive to green. 

4) IMPORTANT - Tap on "System Apps" in the list.  You will see "Excluded Apps" turn brown and "System Apps" turn red if you did it right.

5) Click on the "End Tasks" button.  This will crash the System Panel App, and everything else you have running.

6) Wait about 2 minutes for everything to start up again on your phone.

7) Cross your fingers and call your phone.  Worked for me.

😎 Go into system settings and UNCHECK Smart Profile: Face Down

Hope this helps!

PS: Thank you Birdman for ROOT; you are amazing.

PPS: Motorola; stop screwing with my phone and let me use HDMI out at all times.  Don't worry, the blockbuster app is no longer on my phone and they will be bankrupt by December anyway.  Also, I would love the internal memory to mount like a hard drive as it does with the HTC incredible!  Also, your employees need a better vision plan, your motoblur SUCKS compared to HTC sense.  Have you seen their weather widget?  My home screen filled with fog and rain on the HTC incredible.  They have pinch to zoom on the home screen which zooms out and shows all your desktops.  You don't.  They have flash lite, you don't.  Their system UI & Widgets looks all Windows Vista/Windows 7 Glass Areo, your UI & Widgets remind me of Windows 95.  Let’s get with the times please.  Maybe you should stop locking your phones down due to your worry about others stealing your "intellectual property" and instead start copying theirs; because honestly there is nothing intellectual about motoblur it’s a POS.

0 Likes
Thalinor

This website decided to double post (what a shock) so this reply can be removed.  How a multi-million dollar company cannot set up a forum correctly is beyond me.

HOW TO FIX YOUR DROID X NOT RINGING. (Read Next Post ...Below)

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Thalinor wrote:

THE VERY FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD WILL HELP YOU FIX YOUR ISSUE!  

Because 7 replies and not one read my first post; this is exactly what’s wrong with the world and why I left consumer tech support.  You people drive me crazy.  READ!

*A FIX* is posted below.

This is a known issue, it’s not related to call forward instead it’s a firmware issue.  Moto is working on the problem and VZW is aware of what’s going on.  VZW recommends a factory reset to fix the issue.  The below post (my original post) will give you a way that MAY fix the issue with out having to do a factory reset.  I posted it here so that people would have an option to try before having to loose everything on the phone.

Christ, please read people.  I know what the issue is and how I was able to fix it; I am posting it here to help others.

This is only your third post and this is what people see??? A rant towards them?? Tech support was NOT your calling.

0 Likes
folkartnut2

I found out what the problem was. It was caused by the smart profile settings and google is working on a patch for it. But I went ahead and did the phone reset and everything is good now.

Thanks to everyone on their replies it is nice to have support.

0 Likes