Text address different than cell number?
rocketrox

I'm trying to set up alerts from my bank to text me.  Here's the info they give under FAQ. Is there such a thing as a different address than my cell for receiving text messages? The only blanks they provide are for a phone number, not an email ...

Q.   How do I find out my wireless (text message) address? A.  

Call your service provider to get your wireless address.

Q.   Can I get Account Alerts on my cell phone? A.  

Yes. You can receive Account Alerts on any wireless device, including cell phones. Make sure you provide us with the correct wireless (text message) address associated with your wireless device when setting up your alerts. (Your cell phone or other wireless number won't work).

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text address different than cell number?
budone
Legend

rocketrox wrote:

I'm trying to set up alerts from my bank to text me.  Here's the info they give under FAQ. Is there such a thing as a different address than my cell for receiving text messages? The only blanks they provide are for a phone number, not an email ...

Q.   How do I find out my wireless (text message) address? A.  

Call your service provider to get your wireless address.

Q.   Can I get Account Alerts on my cell phone? A.  

Yes. You can receive Account Alerts on any wireless device, including cell phones. Make sure you provide us with the correct wireless (text message) address associated with your wireless device when setting up your alerts. (Your cell phone or other wireless number won't work).

WOW, I hope banking there is not as confusing as their instructions. :smileyvery-happy: Have you attempted using your number and see what happens?

I suspect you will get a confirmation text if it is correct.

0 Likes
rocketrox

Yes, I tried the cell number first. When I never received the confirmation code/alert (after trying 4-5 times), I started digging the site for more info, and these FAQs is what I found ... which sort of answered why no code ever came to my cell ... any other ideas?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your "address" for text messages via email (since they will be sending an email effectively, you will receive it as a text message on your phone) is your-10-digit-number@vtext.com for Verizon numbers.  You can also use your-10-digit-number@vzwpix.com which works for pictures and enhanced messages,  if the vtext address doesn't work.

Other carriers have different "addresses" -you can use these to send an email from your computer and it will arrive as a text message on that person's phone.

Alltel

[10-digit phone number]@message.alltel.com
Example: 1234567890@message.alltel.com

AT&T (formerly Cingular)
[10-digit phone number]@txt.att.net
[10-digit phone number]@mms.att.net (MMS)
[10-digit phone number]@cingularme.com
Example: 1234567890@txt.att.net

Boost Mobile
[10-digit phone number]@myboostmobile.com
Example: 1234567890@myboostmobile.com

Nextel (now Sprint Nextel)
[10-digit telephone number]@messaging.nextel.com
Example: 1234567890@messaging.nextel.com

Sprint PCS (now Sprint Nextel)

[10-digit phone number]@messaging.sprintpcs.com
[10-digit phone number]@pm.sprint.com (MMS)
Example: 1234567890@messaging.sprintpcs.com

T-Mobile
[10-digit phone number]@tmomail.net
Example: 1234567890@tmomail.net

US Cellular
[10-digit phone number]email.uscc.net (SMS)
[10-digit phone number]@mms.uscc.net (MMS)
Example: 1234567890@email.uscc.net

Verizon
[10-digit phone number]@vtext.com
[10-digit phone number]@vzwpix.com (MMS)
Example: 1234567890@vtext.com

Virgin Mobile USA

[10-digit phone number]@vmobl.com
Example: 1234567890@vmobl.com

HTH,

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Hey SuzyQ, I thought and wrote the same thing UNTIL I re-read their post. They commented, "The only blanks they provide are for a phone number, not an email ..."

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hmmm, I missed that line too, budone.  To rocketrox - have you put in the full 10-digit number, incluing area code?  That and my carrier were all I ever had to put in to get alerts from any number of services, including my bank.  What bank is this?  Maybe a call to their customer service will clear things up?

0 Likes