LG Accolade drivers
nrb

Where/how do I get the drivers to connect my LG Accolade phone to my PC.  Just want to move pictures from phone to PC.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Accolade drivers
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You really don't need the "drivers" - those are to use the phone as a modem and that is not what you are trying to do.

To transfer the pics from the phone to the computer, since the Accolade does not have a memory card - you need to use VCast Media Manager, which you can download to your computer from the Verizon website - open the program, connect your phone with the USB cable, and you should be good to go.

Let us know how it goes and if you run into any glitches and we can try to work through it.

0 Likes
gayelee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have downloaded V cast so as to be able to transfer pics to my pc. 

Can someone tell me how to fire it up? It keeps asking for a disc that I don't have.

Thanks!

0 Likes
LG_Pro
Contributor - Level 2

gayelee wrote:

I have downloaded V cast so as to be able to transfer pics to my pc. 

Can someone tell me how to fire it up? It keeps asking for a disc that I don't have.

Thanks!

Try launching VCast Media Manager WITHOUT the Accolade attached...  Does it still ask you for a disk?  If so, I think you have a bad install and I would uninstall it and re-install the application.

I suspect that your system is looking for the Accolade Drivers which, if not installed by VCast, can be obtained from the LG Forum web site... www.lgforum.com, under the Verizon Link.

Download the drivers and DON'T plug the Accolade into your USB port, yet.  After the drivers are installed plug the Accolafe into the USB port and then launch VCast and see if this works for you.

0 Likes
TBF
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is all well and good but VCast Media Manager does not support my Window7 64 bit operating system. 

0 Likes
TBF
Enthusiast - Level 2

Per my previous post, does anyone have any other solution to downloading pictures off my Accolade besides emailing them?

0 Likes
ELJ

I resigned to the waiting for the 64-bit version of media manager. Tech support didn't offer any timeline or encouragement. Kind of make the camera of limited use if you have to mail everything to yourself.

0 Likes
LG_Pro
Contributor - Level 2

You will need the LG Drivers and you will also need VCast Media Manager.  You can get the LG Drivers from

www.lgforum.com  Or you can click on this link to start the download automatically.  Download LG Driver

You can get V Cast Media Manager from the following link

http://products.verizonwireless.com/index.aspx?id=fnd_mediaManager

With the Drivers installed and V Cast media Manager installed you can go to the Photo section and it should display all of the photos you have on your phone and allow you to copy them over to your PC.

0 Likes
LG_Pro
Contributor - Level 2

Sorry, the Link to www.lgforum.com doesn't appear to work...  But you can still manually navigate to this site and get the drivers from the Drivers & Resources Page in the Verizon section.

0 Likes
ELJ

Thanks for the info on the USB driver. But maybe you didn't catch it but the  V Cast Media Manager isn't available for 64-bit Windows 7.  That is unless you know of another source than Verizon.

0 Likes