How do you insert a 'pause' in a phone number?
TexasShiner

Since I've had to wait several weeks for my Incredible to arrive, I've read the manual a couple times over and have found some interesting things. However, one thing I cannot find, is a method on how to add a 'pause' (whether it be a 'comma' or a 'p') to a phone number. I have a need for this, as I have to call in to a vmail system to retrieve work messages, and I do not want to have remember all the extensions and passcodes in my head.

I know some phones have an interface to clearly say to insert a pause, and others use the comma character, or in the case of my current phone (a BlackJack II) it uses the 'p' character.

So, any of you that have received your Incredible, how do you insert pauses in a contact's phone number?

Thanks! Still patiently waiting on mine to be shipped (ordered 6/19).

0 Likes
Re: How do you insert a 'pause' in a phone number?
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

I think it can only be done from a conact listing and when entering the number on my Droid Inc there is a P and W at the top right of the keypad and it works for me....:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: How do you insert a 'pause' in a phone number?
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

I verified it's p for pause and w for Wait and then you need to press send to finish the sequence with W.

0 Likes