Contacts Sync - Phone, Outlook, Backup Manager, Gmail
darkstar218

If I want to sync all my contacts together from GMAIL, Outlook, my phone (HTC Incredible), and Verizon's Contacts List online -- where do I make changes so that all of them will match?

0 Likes
Re: Contacts Sync - Phone, Outlook, Backup Manager, Gmail
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Export csv files from all your programs like Verizon backup from vzw.com, Outlook from your pc, and import them to gmail. Then use the Smart scan on gmail to find duplicates and create single files for each contact. If you are logged into gmail on your phone and have all your contacts imported and set on your phone then backup assistant will update itself. If you want all this imported into Outlook then you can export another csv file from gmail (now organized) and import it to Outlook. Is this what you were asking?
0 Likes
darkstar218

I'm familiar with the export / import functions.  I was just hoping there was an easier way to, for instance, update my GMAIL contacts and it would somehow automatically update my phone, verizon, and outlook simultaneously without having to then export / import the CSV files for each platform.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
I'm not sure with Outlook because I never use it. Took me about ten min or so to get all mine set with other accounts. Now that its done ill never have to to it again with Google on the phone. Maybe once a month you can import contacts to Outlook?
0 Likes