Envelope with red x after text message
metawnny

Hello,

Does anyone know what it means when you see an envelope with a red x on it, next to a text that I sent.  I have a Motorola Devour if that is important.  I looked at the user manual and can't seem to find out what this symbol means.  I thought maybe the message wasn't going through but I get a responses back from my friends so that can't be it.  Any ideas?  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Envelope with red x after text message
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

On most phones, that usually means that a message was not delivered.

Doc

0 Likes
metawnny

I thought the same thing, that the message must not be going through, however I check with my friends and they do receive the messages.  So, now I am wondering if my phone automatically resends a message that doesn't make it the first time?  If the phone did resend the message on it's own would it show up on my text log?  Because the only thing that shows is my sent message with the symbol on the far right side (envelope with a red X on it). 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

text_icons.jpgThe red X does indicate a failure to send....so I'm not sure why you are getting that if, indeed, your messages are being received.

Are you sending to multiple recipients and perhaps there is one that is not behaving?  Just guessing here.

0 Likes