Two apps MUST have
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

There are two apps that I must recommend to everyone.  First app is the Where's My Doid. Ever lost your phone & you go to call it to listen for the ringer, but it's on silent mode? Now you can text your phone from another phone with the secret word & your phone will start to ring. it will turn the silent ringer off & phone will start ringing.  Second is the GPS Tracker which lets you track your phone in real time. If your phone were to be stolen,you could track it from online.

0 Likes
Re: Two apps MUST have
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Or you could just get lookout, it's free, has both of those features, plus virus scan and data backup.
0 Likes
tim600sl
Contributor - Level 3

demmo86rt wrote:
Or you could just get lookout, it's free, has both of those features, plus virus scan and data backup.

Wow, lookout is indeed a great app. Thanks!

TheGreatOne: I originally had those 2 apps, but now I'm uninstalling them and will go with lookout.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

I just downloaded Lookout. So far I like it. Although makes me wonder why t-mobile doesn't have this app on their top list of recommend apps. :smileyindifferent:

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
I haven't used it to it's full abilities yet as far as backup goes, although I did make my phone scream, it scans every app I install and I don't think it has ever force closed on me. Everything I've read on it so far has had nothing but good stuff to say about it.
0 Likes
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

@TheGreatOne.. Where's My Droid does sound like a great app! Maybe I should look further into it. Thanks again:smileywink:

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

sHaY_j wrote:

@TheGreatOne.. Where's My Droid does sound like a great app! Maybe I should look further into it. Thanks again:smileywink:

I've always liked Where's My Droid app. I have left my phone on silent and couldn't remember where I left it. Just texted the phone with the special word and phone rang....found it!

Also be aware that it might be best not to tell the your friends the special word to text the phone. If someone knows it, they can play a prank on you. Like text you the word while your sleeping or in a meeting when your phone is supposed to be on silent.

0 Likes