VTEXT
carliii

SO MY GIRLFRIEND IS REC TEXTS EMAILS AT HER WORK PC FROM MY NUMBER SENT FROM VTEXT. I AM NOT SENDING THEM !! WHY IS IT AVAIL TO ANYONE TO SEND A MESSAGE IMPERSONATING ANYONE YOU WANT??? WHY NOT HAVE IT AFTER  YOU LOG IN, NOT FREE FOR ANY IDIOT TO HARASS PEOPLE.. ATT,TMOBIL,NEXTEL,AND EVEN POCKET WIRLESS DO NOT ALLOW PEOPLE TO IMPERSONATE OTHER PEOPLES PHONE NUMBERS. WHY IS THERE NO WAY TO BLOCK IT? TACE IT? TRACK IT? OR I DUNNO S T O P IT? SINCE VERIZON IS NOT WILLING TO DO ANYTHING MY GIRLFRIEND WILLL PROB GET FIRED FOR REC "PERSONAL" EMAILS AT HER WORK.  THANKS VERIZON FOR DOING N O T H I N G   ABOUT IT. HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF YOUR WIFE OR MOTHER WAS REC TEXT EMAILS FROM SOMEONE IMPERSONATING YOU.  THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!! YOU NEED TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE ASAP. WE WILL HAVE TO CHANGE SERVICE IF IT CONTINUES. CARL

Labels (1)
0 Likes
VTEXT IS GOING TO MAKE ME GO TO AT&T
carliii

GOT ANOTHER MYSTERY TEXT EMAIL FROM ??? TO MY GIRLFRIENDS WORK PC. WHY CAN ANYONE SEND A MESSAGE TO ANYONE USING ANY PHONE NUMBER???? SHE IS GOIN TO GET FIRED IF THIS DOES NOT STOP . CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A JOKE!!!!!!!!!! SRY NOTHING WE CAN DO.  WHY NOT MAKE IT SO YOU HAVE TO LOG IN TO USE IT? DOES VERIZON LIKE HELPING STALKERS AND PEDOPHILES???? WTF  WHERE IS THE SECURITY IN USING VERIZON IF YOU CANNOT STOP SOMEONE FROM HARASSING YOU WITH VERIZONS HELP??? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: VTEXT IS GOING TO MAKE ME GO TO AT&T
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

Has your girlfriend explained the situation to her supervisor?  These messages are essentially spam, because there is no way to know who is sending them, and the sender is providing false contact info for themselves.

For the record, there are a number of websites that you can send free text messages from, some anonymously, and since anyone can say anything, they could certainly list your number as the "call-back" number on those services. 

Your girlfriend's supervisor needs to be (calmly) informed of this.  She should also offer to allow her IT department to block, send to spam, or otherwise filter the messages and be cooperative with them in terms of helping them do that.  If she can set any filters on her account to block spam, or specific senders, she should do that.

Good luck!

0 Likes
carliii

so verizon doesent want to help stop this? why not make it so only verizon customers can use it? im  only having problems with vtext

0 Likes
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

They aren't going to fix it because the purpose of the tool is to give ANYONE a way to send text messages to Verizon customers.  They have no way to verify that people are not entering false contact info if their goal is to let the general public send messages when they don't want to use their phone.

Your girlfriend needs to explain to her boss that these messages are spam, and that they could be from anyone, and work with her boss and the IT Department to block the messages to their satisfaction.  Even after you leave Verizon, someone will be able to go on VText and use your phone number as the return contact info.

0 Likes
Thank you for your message. To ensure the safety of our t...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you for your message. To ensure the safety of our team members, we have temporarily reduced our business hours and our Response Centers are closed for the day. You may not receive a response until the next business day. Thank you for your understanding.
0 Likes