Can't upload pictures, etc., to my computer
pgamer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've connected my Motorola Droid phone to my computer using the USB connection on the charger. I can see by the battery icon that the phone is charging. But I want to upload pictures from my SD card to my computer.

Every post I've seen says that I should see in notifications something about mounting my SD card, and that there should be a USB icon showing. Neither of these things is happening, and my computer is not recognizing the SD card -- it doesn't appear under Windows Explorer or in the Safely Remove Hardware dialog.

I'm using Windows XP Professional with SP3. What do I need to do to get the computer to recognize the SD card?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't upload pictures, etc., to my computer
pgamer
Enthusiast - Level 2

This problem is solved. Turns out it was the cable. I got another cable and now it works fine.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

Just to be clear, if you drag down the notification bar after connecting your phone to your computer you don't see a USB connected message? I would power off/power on and try again. If it still won't connect try installing the USB drivers Motorola provides on their Droid Product Support page.

0 Likes
pgamer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the suggestions.

Yes, when I pull down the notification tab I don't see any notification about the SD card or the USB connection. So I tried rebooting the phone, but that didn't work. I also installed the Motorola Mobile Phone USB driver and rebooted my PC. However, unfortunately  it still doesn't work.

Do you have any other suggestions? I really appreciate your help.

0 Likes
pgamer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Further information on this problem -- it's the same one as found here. But I tried the solution suggested there and it didn't work (resetting the phone by turning it off and removing the battery, then reinserting the battery and turning the phone back on.)

I'm using the USB port that's directly on my computer, where I usually plug in my external hard drive, which works fine. But it's not recognized by the Droid, although the Droid does charge when plugged into it.

0 Likes
pgamer
Enthusiast - Level 2

This problem is solved. Turns out it was the cable. I got another cable and now it works fine.

0 Likes