Text message from verizon about update
becky0901

I received a message saying it was from verizon today about updating my phone. My new every two is up in two days, but the text said I can early upgrade to a palm pre or pixie by calling the number on the text. Is this from the company or is it fraudulant. The text from said like it does when it is informing me i've over minutes and then it said free verizon message...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text message from verizon about update
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

becky0901 wrote:

I received a message saying it was from verizon today about updating my phone. My new every two is up in two days, but the text said I can early upgrade to a palm pre or pixie by calling the number on the text. Is this from the company or is it fraudulant. The text from said like it does when it is informing me i've over minutes and then it said free verizon message...

I don't think in my years being with Verizon I ever got a text message saying I am ready for an update/upgrade. I believe it is a scam

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

becky0901 wrote:

I don't think in my years being with Verizon I ever got a text message saying I am ready for an update/upgrade. I believe it is a scam

0 Likes
Utah84112

I have received this message before.  If I remember right it's deceptive advertising by a company contracted by Verizon to try to upgrade your equipment or plan.  Given that the messege was incorrect and deceptive, I chose to not do business with the number in the text message. 

I only use 611, Verizon store, or Verizon website when doing anything with my account.

0 Likes