The not so INCREDIBLE... HTC Incredible Reboot Issue
clint1372

Sharing my experience:

My incredible (purchased at the store this morning) kept rebooting... I took it back to the store and we tried three other phones and everyone of them would keep rebooting themselves... Another customer with one came in with the same issue while I was there (He got his in the mail)... However, two other customer phones in the same little store was not having the issue. I ended up just returning it... Guess I will wait until a fix is out or try another store... Seems like some type of activation issue since it didn't start rebooting itself until it was activated... The store was useless except for keep trying new phones.. They also stated nobody else in tech was aware of any issues... Kind of funny that I can find several forums with the problem posted already...
If it didn't have the reboot issue, it looks and feels like a great phone.

0 Likes
Re: The not so INCREDIBLE... HTC Incredible Reboot Issue
shipwrestler125
Enthusiast - Level 3

I bought my incredible today and was in the store with 2 other people who bought incredible's today and none of our incredible's had this issue. Maybe it was something with the store?

0 Likes
carter91
Enthusiast - Level 3

Perhaps they were just having activation issues earlier today.  I got my Incrediable in the mail yesterday, and activated no problem.  No rebooting. 

0 Likes
MadDruid

Mine is sitting on my desk right now in an endless reboot cycle.  I took it back to the store to show the customer service reps and it never rebooted.  About halfway home, it started rebooting again.  Now I have to go back to the store.

0 Likes
MadDruid

Seems to be strongly related to signal strength.  I can't getr it to reboot at all in the verizon store where I have full bars.  It reboots constantly in my basement, sporadically on my main floor, and not at all anywhere I have full bars,

0 Likes
cdandrews

I agree that it is signal related.  It also seems to be a problem in NC.  Check out these posts.

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/69315-random-reboots.html

0 Likes
Rex_Dart

I picked up my phone first thing this morning....it started rebooting when I got home.  I thought it was just going through updates since it was new, but I realized that it was randomly rebooting.  My signal at the house isn't very good, so I too think it has to have something to do with signal strength.  Took it back to the store, where I had full signal, and it never rebooted.  I'm going out of town for a few days, and will see if a solution has been offered when I return.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

My signal here is iffy at best and I have not had a reboot....... knock on wood.

0 Likes
daddyjames

Activated Wed afternoon I live in an area with weak service but seemed to work okay. Left home for first time with phone this afternoon and went through some areas of not so good service. Thought rebooting was related to live wallpaper....not. Then thought it was WeatherBug as it was frozen. Removed WeatherBug. Thought I had it. Then rebotted again. Probably happened 20 times since 5 pm. I was getting ready to put my old Blackberry 8830 on ebay. May have to hold off. Please give us a phone that works already.

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

No reboots here...but oh lordy, please no issues right out of the gate....

I can bet they'll OTA an update VERY QUICKLY if there is a wide spread issue.

0 Likes