calling restrictions
emmtee1569

for a while now (about 9 months) i have been unable to call my friend. whenever i try, the phone rings once and says something a long the lines of "this number has calling restrictions that prevent the completion of this call, switch 22-2"

what is up with that? its not just my number, all of my numbers (i've even switched mine a few times), my friends and even house phones and stuff.

is there a definition to what that means?

is it by user or by verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: calling restrictions
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

I believe that's the message a caller will receive when their number has been blocked by the Verizon customer either through parental controls, or a temporary number block.  Have you asked your friend if their are any blocks on their account?  If they have blocked all restricted/unknown numbers and you have your caller ID set to unknown or restricted, that could explain why the calls from various numbers aren't going through.

Can your friend receive calls from others?  Is it possible that there are parental controls set on the account that only allow calling to specific numbers?

0 Likes
Re: calling restrictions
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

spottedcatfish wrote:

I believe that's the message a caller will receive when their number has been blocked by the Verizon customer either through parental controls, or a temporary number block.  Have you asked your friend if their are any blocks on their account?  If they have blocked all restricted/unknown numbers and you have your caller ID set to unknown or restricted, that could explain why the calls from various numbers aren't going through.

Can your friend receive calls from others?  Is it possible that there are parental controls set on the account that only allow calling to specific numbers?

Agreed. I would say some sort of restrictions are set up. Probably not a block on the users specific number because he/she tried to call from a friends phone. Unless the person blocked that person too.

0 Likes