Disney Mobile Magic
Chumbucket
Enthusiast - Level 1

This sounds really cool: http://allears.net/news/hnews.htm#

Disney Mobile Magic - On Nov. 10, a soft launch of a new mobile application will be available to Verizon Wireless subscribers that puts a virtual personal tour guide of the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts right in the palms of their hands. The Disney Mobile Magic application provides valuable information to Guests such as attraction wait times for the park they are in, Disney’s FASTPASS Service return times and the ability to located their favorite characters using their mobile device. The application’s GPS technology displays park maps that pinpoint a guest’s location and can also provide suggestions on what to visit next, based on what is nearby. By providing location-specific, real-time guides for each of Disney’s parks and resort hotels, Guests can find what they’re looking for more quickly, navigate the park with confidence, and spend more time enjoying themselves in the park. The application offers live competitive trivia games, videos, character stories and other surprises to keep Guests entertained while waiting in line at the park. The application is designed to also provide specific services for a Guest while planning a Disney vacation from home. Additionally, a new, separate mobile website will allow any Guest with a browser-enabled phone to access useful information such as park hours, entertainment schedules and dining information. Use of this website is at no charge, and is similar to browsing www.disneyworld.com as Guests would on their computer, but redesigned for the mobile phone environment. This soft launch will provide the opportunity to fine-tune the application to better prepare us for the official launch in January.

Disney Mobile Magic is only available on select Verizon Wireless phones. Functionality issues with the phone or the application should be directed to use the “Click-to-Call” function on their mobile phone or call Verizon Customer Care by dialing 611 from any Verizon phone or (800) 922-0204 from any other phone.

Disney Mobile Magic is available for download and purchase beginning Nov. 10, 2009 for $9.99 per 180 days of service. To purchase the application, Guests can text MAGIC to 2777 from their Verizon phone.

Does anyone know what phones will support this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Disney Mobile Magic
Chumbucket
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just go to the Media Center to “Browse & Download,” then “Get New Applications.” You’ll then find Mobile Magic in the “Travel & Navigation” folder. 

or click the link below:

https://mediastore.verizonwireless.com/onlineContentStore/index.html#contentType=APPLICATN&selectedI...

The Omnia is not supported:smileysad:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
STW

Really anxious for this one. Heading to Disney World end of the month. Tried 2777 and MAGIC this am. So far, nothing. "Either the specified keyword is not valid or the application is no longer available for purchase....."

0 Likes
vztournewbie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a BB Tour and I got the same message.  So a question to the VZW folks is this, will there be an list of Blackberry phones that will carry this app?

0 Likes
minimickey

Do they even check these topics so we can get an answer?  Supposedly there was a soft launch on November 10th but try finding the app anywhere on Verizon.  It is either not there or abracadabra, it's Magic???????????  Any answers?

0 Likes
Chumbucket
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just go to the Media Center to “Browse & Download,” then “Get New Applications.” You’ll then find Mobile Magic in the “Travel & Navigation” folder. 

or click the link below:

https://mediastore.verizonwireless.com/onlineContentStore/index.html#contentType=APPLICATN&selectedI...

The Omnia is not supported:smileysad:

0 Likes
vztournewbie
Enthusiast - Level 2

And the app is not available for Blackberry's. :smileysad: What the?

0 Likes
FLYTIME

This app is a complete pile of crap! Downloaded it today since I have annual passes and it was completely useless. Maybe the app, maybe my phone which is also a pile of crap. Samsung Rogue.......... Verizon wont let me exchange my phone. Maybe I will have better luck with this app. I would not get either one! Can't wait for my contract to expire. Taking my business elsewhere..........

0 Likes
jonrs92

I will be going to WDW in early 2011 and would really love to see this app on the android platform.  Hope it is in the works!

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

jonrs92 wrote:

I will be going to WDW in early 2011 and would really love to see this app on the android platform.  Hope it is in the works!

There is an app for Android phones that you can buy.Go to the market & in the search type in.....Walt Disney World Maps Box Set. It's only $2.99. It tells you how long a line is on a ride, what type of rides there are and description of ride. Check it out.

0 Likes