Does Verizon keep a record of text message content?
MKPanache

...so that when someone dumps/ deletes the content of the messages from a cell phone, the actual content can be retrieved online?  I think that the iPhone actually sends the texting content along with the bill, correct?  Does Verizon have that same capability?

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Does Verizon keep a record of text message content?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Once the messages are deleted from the device, the content can only be retrieved with a court order.  You can view the numbers texted to and from, and the dates and times, but not the content.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

MKPanache wrote:

...so that when someone dumps/ deletes the content of the messages from a cell phone, the actual content can be retrieved online?  I think that the iPhone actually sends the texting content along with the bill, correct?  Does Verizon have that same capability?

Thank you in advance.

Question:

How do I retrieve text and picture messages after I have deleted them from my wireless phone?

Answer:

At this time, there is not way to retrieve a text, picture, or video message without a court ordered subpoena.  If you do have this document, please contact Verizon Wireless with your request at:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/index.jsp

iPhone is on AT&T's network currently. Even with the iPhone the text content does not appear on the bill. AT&T has the same policy as Verizon (as I stated above). I know messages are stored on carriers servers for a certain amount of time once the message has been deleted. Then after that their no longer available.

0 Likes
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

I don't know about any other phones with other carriers but If you delete a message from your phone then you can only retreive them if you have a cour-ordered subpoena. Sorry.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

At least on my phone, when I delete my messages, they are placed in a 'Deleted Folder'. So check and see if that folder is on your phone.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

sHaY_j wrote:

I don't know about any other phones with other carriers but If you delete a message from your phone then you can only retreive them if you have a cour-ordered subpoena. Sorry.

All U.S. providers are the same way & have the same policy as Verizon.

0 Likes