Need cdma usb modem driver for LG VX5600
Frances

Does the above exist? I just want to download my pictures from my phone to my computer without having to send them over the phone network. The phone came with a USB cable but can't find any software. Any help is appreciated.

Frances

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need cdma usb modem driver for LG VX5600
kyleskrinak
Enthusiast - Level 1

Alex,

You do not need to obtain USB drivers on the Mac platform. Thanks to TomH's post, I was able to download (surprisingly good for the device it is) pictures from my cellphone using the "LG-VX9100" Do not use "auto-detect" as there's no relevant device description in the current version of BitPim. Here's what you should try (on Mac, probably very similar on Windows)

1. Do not connect your phone until step #7, in case you have "autodetect" enabled
  2. Open BitPim
  3. Go to the BitPim menu and choose "Preferences"
  4. Choose "LG-VX9011 (enV 2)" from the "Phone Type" services.
  5. Disable "Detect phone at bitpim startup" this is a waste of time with the LG VX5600, and bitpim is a bit unstable, at least on Mac it is.
  6. Click "OK"
  7. Connect your phone
  8. Click on the leftmost icon representing "Get Data" You can choose from a number of options, but right now only Wallpaper (which are your photos) and SMS work reliably. "PhoneBook" will crash Bitpim
I would love a device-specific definition for the LX-5600 but this is an open-source project, and unless we contribute, we love every gem from that effort.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
clamcc

Look for LGUSBModemDriver_WHQL_Eng_Ver_4.8.1.exe

I found it somewhere on the internet.

0 Likes
Frances

Thank you I will look into that. I got quite a few results when I put that in a search. Anyway to know which is reliable?

0 Likes
ldotter

I found and installed cdma usb modem driver.  I am running windows xp sp3 and now my computer sees the LG VX5600 as a modem.  This still does not help me with taking pictures off my phone.  I don't see any settings in the phone to change to usb mass storage device.  I have read countless forums and websites, but still do not see a fix to my problem.  Anyone have any solutions??

0 Likes
Daniel1

I have the same problem you have with the LG VX5600. When I plugged in the phone to my USB port, windows7 went to the internet and got and installed the modem drivers and they work fine with the phone. However, the phone doesn't show up as a storage device. I then paired the phone with my computer using the Bluetooth connection. I then used Microsoft Phone Data manger to back up the pictures on my computer. It recognized the phone and made the connection ok, but it told me that the phone did not support this operation. I think Verizon must disable this function, since it clearly is part of the phone's advertised  functions.

If you get a solution, I'd like to know what it is.

0 Likes
ajacoby

Same problem here.  I'm thinking of returning the phone at this point since it's been over two months now.  Originally when I bought it the Verizon support line told me it was just a matter of time before LG released the drivers for it, but when I talked to LG support last week they said they weren't planning on releasing drivers for it ever.

Plus the sound quality has been poor.

It's frustrating that Verizon doesn't offer much anymore in this area (data-plan free phones).

0 Likes
Eponym

I called LG support.  They said they did not write storage device drivers.  They said I would have to buy software from a third party vendor.  They could tell me which software or vendors. {word filter avoidance}  The only way I can save pictures from this phone is to pay for additional monthly services and mail them to myself?

0 Likes
TomH

I transferred pictures to/from my LG VX5600 cell phone & my PC using BitPim 1.0.7. I used the USB/power cable that came with the phone. Manually set BitPim's phone type to LG-VX9100. This worked for Wallpaper, Ringtones, Calendar and SMS. It did not work for the Phonebook or Call History. I tried all other LG phones listed and could not get any of them to upload the Phonebook. I also did not get Bluetooth to work in BitPim, but getting Name Cards over bluetooth with the phone and my PC works.

0 Likes
ajacoby

Thanks for the advice, Tom.  It's not working here though -- it's having a problem selecting the right comm port it appears.  I've tried "auto" and I've tried manually selecting all of the available ones.  Which are you using?  Thanks, Alex

ps - I'm using bitpim on my mac -- has anyone had any luck with that?

0 Likes
TomH

I downloaded and installed the following driver: LGUSBModemDriver_WHQL_Eng_Ver_4.9.7_All_Win7.exe. I think I got this from the LG website. What you need for a MAC, I don't know.

Now when I plug in my VX5600 phone to my PC USB port, it starts to charge my phone and Windows 7 displays the following device: LGE Moble USB Serial Port (COM7). This is the COM port I chose in BitPim. It even has an asterisk next to it and displays "This port is likely to be your phone."

BitPim.org has more suggestions on communication issues.

Phone: LG-VX5600 with VX560V03 Software
PC: HP Mini 311-1037NR NetBook with Windows 7

0 Likes