Email has stopped unexpectedly. Force close.
AZDroidUser

I've had my Droid for a month and it has been working fine.  Today I cannot access email.  I get this pop-up:  Sorry! The application Email (processcom.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again." with the only choice "Force close."  I've tried turning my Droid off but it continues to give me this message.  I looked in the User's Manual but can't find anything that explains this problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Email has stopped unexpectedly. Force close.
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

AZDroidUser wrote:

I've had my Droid for a month and it has been working fine.  Today I cannot access email.  I get this pop-up:  Sorry! The application Email (processcom.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again." with the only choice "Force close."  I've tried turning my Droid off but it continues to give me this message.  I looked in the User's Manual but can't find anything that explains this problem.

I did a google search, and found some other people complaining of the problem as you are.Check it out:

Android Email

Have you tried going into settings-->applications-->manage applications-->Email app-->clear data-->Clear cache?

0 Likes
Re: Email has stopped unexpectedly. Force close.
KGB0515

This issue seems to resolve itself by going into your webmail client and deleting old emails also.  I saw an issue with setting up an AOL account on a Droid that was bloated with emails from over one year ago.  After moving some emails from the inbox on the AOL end of things to a different folder, the application works perfectly.  It is important to remember that with IMAP or POP3 emails on the DROID, you cannot delete items from the inbox of your email client.   When the device tries to pull too much information through the email client, it gets overloaded. 

The best thing to do is go in and make sure you are still managing your old messages by logging into your webmail accounts through your computer and deleting unwanted files there.  After straightening things up on the AOL end, restart the phone (do a battery pull or shut the phone off with the power button) and it should work again.  If not, it would be best to take it to your local retailer and have them troubleshoot directly with technical support.  Sometimes they can cut through some of the basic questions faster than if you call in as a consumer.

0 Likes