Connect WWAN automatically
Yildirim

Hi All,

I have many HP Compaq Mini 110c-1020ST Netbook.I want them to be constantly connected to the internet over 3G. I am using VZAccess Manager version 7.2 and I don't want to connect WWAN button over software when windows started.

When Windows starts automatically be connected to the internet via 3G like Wi-Fi. is it possible?

How can I do that?

Best Regards,

Yildirim

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Connect WWAN automatically
Yildirim

Doesn't anybody have an idea about this?

0 Likes
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

What exactly do you mean when you say "I don't want to connect WWAN button over software when windows started"?  Does this mean you do not want any user interaction at all so the software would run behind the scenes?

0 Likes
palian3

i believe what he means is that....

when windows starts up he wants the modem to automatically connect to the verizon broadband network with out any user interaction or any clicking of buttons.

I am looking to do the same thing as well.

0 Likes
Yildirim

Hi palian3,

First of all, I apologize for my bad english.I know very little English.

I aggree with you. I add VZ Access Manager software startup. When windows start, I want to connect automatically Internet via WWAN but I don't want to click connect WWAN button on software.

Best Regards,

Yildirim

0 Likes
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for the clarification.  I have not done this myself but I believe if you go under the connection option under Options>Preferences, you can choose to set the WWAN connection type to Auto Connect.  This is assuming you have set for VZAM in your startup when windows starts.  There are other options as well for turning on/off WiFi if you have that feature and also the precedence of what connects first if you do.

This should take care of the issue then so basically you would have VZAM start at bootup and have the WWAN autoconnect.

0 Likes
Yildirim

Thank you for reply,

If Network Mode: CDMA, I saw NDIS and Auto Connect WWAN option

When I changed Network mode as GSM or Global,  Auto Connect WWAN option and some other setting auto hide. This is a bug.

Technical Support sent to me e-mail about this: "We tested the issue that you are having and the NDIS mode is not available when you are using GSM. We understand and sincerely apologize for any frustration...." etc.

I am waiting release update for this software.

Best Regards,

0 Likes
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

That is nice.  Another bug in VZAM.  Hopefully it is fixed soon for you.

0 Likes