Connection Failed - Connection not Available
JohnJSA

I am having a problem with a USB760 modem. When attempting to connect to the network, I immediately get the error Connection Failed - Connection not Available". I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the device drivers and the VZ Access Manager software. The software recognizes the modem; I was able to successfully active the modem, but that's as far as I can get. I tried the modem in another laptop and it works fine. I also tried another USB760 modem (which works in the other laptop) and it fails with the same message.

Any help wouldbe GREATLY appreciated!!

0 Likes
Re: Connection Failed - Connection not Available
cfnmsd

I am having the same issue. I restored the computer to an earlier restor point and it worked for one day but not working again tonight.

0 Likes
briantstout

There is a service you can check that is might be disabled by the vista computer group policy. Its called "remote access connection manager". If you enable it and start it, you should be able to connect.

Set the service to automatic, then hit apply.  Then click the now ungreyed start button.

Try to connect.

0 Likes
JNolan19

Need to ask a newbie question....where are these settings?   I, too, am having this problem.

0 Likes
peye

I had the same problem "Connection failed - connection not available" when trying to use my Blackberry Tour as a tethered modem with my computer.  Turning on the Remote Access Connection Manager fixed the issue (I have spent literally hours of time with Verizon, Blackberry, and my Corporate IT team to try to solve this and I find the response to solve this on this website... Silly... Whomever posted this solution "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU".

To turn on Remote Access Connection Manager:

* go to Start --> then right click on My Computer and click on "Manage".

* You will then have a window open up. Look for the item called "Services and Applications" and click on it.

* Then you will see a new set of items come up. Look for "Sevices" and click on it.

* Then scroll down and find "Remote Access Connection Manager". Double click on this and a new window will open up.

* When the window opens you should be on the tab called "General"

* Look for a window with a pulldown menu within the General tab with the title "Startup type"

* Set the pulldown next to Startup type to "Automatic".

* Hit the key at the bottom "Apply"

* Then look for the key called "Start" and click on it.

You should now be able to use your modem...

peye

0 Likes
JaredW59

peye wrote:

I had the same problem "Connection failed - connection not available" when trying to use my Blackberry Tour as a tethered modem with my computer.  Turning on the Remote Access Connection Manager fixed the issue (I have spent literally hours of time with Verizon, Blackberry, and my Corporate IT team to try to solve this and I find the response to solve this on this website... Silly... Whomever posted this solution "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU".

To turn on Remote Access Connection Manager:

* go to Start --> then right click on My Computer and click on "Manage".

* You will then have a window open up. Look for the item called "Services and Applications" and click on it.

* Then you will see a new set of items come up. Look for "Sevices" and click on it.

* Then scroll down and find "Remote Access Connection Manager". Double click on this and a new window will open up.

* When the window opens you should be on the tab called "General"

* Look for a window with a pulldown menu within the General tab with the title "Startup type"

* Set the pulldown next to Startup type to "Automatic".

* Hit the key at the bottom "Apply"

* Then look for the key called "Start" and click on it.

You should now be able to use your modem...

peye

I did these steps correctly, and when I clicked on "start" it gave me this: Windows could not start the Remote Access Connection Manager service on Local Computer.

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

Help please, Thanks.

0 Likes