Re: EnV Touch Update
DeMzZzO

this my 3rd env touch certify like new phone. Each one has the same issue.

first the glyde now this one.

i had powercycling and randomly freezes up.

updated from 1.07 to 1.08

two days ago.

when i get text it slows down sometimes freezes still

when im on the browser and get text msg. screens turns blue and slows down than freezes for couples of seconds.

hold down to power button to exit out or rest the phone.

already talk to tech support.

told me same asnwer its matter of software update.

anyone have same issue?

where is this 1.09 update?

0 Likes
dennisjara91

just got home from verizon a while ago, didn't think the update did anything and went to my verizon (btw do they charge u by going on there?) and the browser is AMAZING! it has tabs and it looks like the google chrome browser only blue, as far as that thats the only change i noticed. still amazing though :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
KlineAJ

To  DeMzZzO:

Q:this my 3rd env touch certify like new phone. Each one has the same issue.

first the glyde now this one.

i had powercycling and randomly freezes up.

updated from 1.07 to 1.08

two days ago.

when i get text it slows down sometimes freezes still

when im on the browser and get text msg. screens turns blue and slows down than freezes for couples of seconds.

hold down to power button to exit out or rest the phone.

already talk to tech support.

told me same asnwer its matter of software update.

anyone have same issue?

where is this 1.09 update?

A: I do not know the release of the 09 update, it is currently in beta as far as I know.

To

just got home from verizon a while ago, didn't think the update did anything and went to my verizon (btw do they charge u by going on there?) and the browser is AMAZING! it has tabs and it looks like the google chrome browser only blue, as far as that thats the only change i noticed. still amazing though :smileyhappy:

A: Glad your enjoying the new browser, it has fixed some behind the scene problems that you may be able to pick out but the major update was the browser. Yes as far as I know My Verizon is free of data charges.

0 Likes
Version VX11KV09 is out now!
KlineAJ

VX11KV09 is now out for the LG EnV Touch, fixes some problems with communication and makes the phones processing overall faster. Available through the LG Updater tool.

0 Likes
Re: Version VX11KV09 is out now!
KlineAJ

Anyone else get this update?

0 Likes
Re: Version VX11KV09 is out now!
KlineAJ

Heres a poll I would like to know who uses the LG Updater tool just post here if you do!

0 Likes
Stryton
Enthusiast - Level 3

I for one will never use the updater tool.  I have read to many compaints and issues with it.  It works for some and not others.  I would rather take it to a store and have them update it.  If they ever get the bugs and kinks worked out I may reconsider it, but not now.  So does anyone know if version 9 is available at stores yet or just through the updater tool?

0 Likes
KlineAJ

It is only available through the updater right now sorry for the inconvience. If you have your drivers all updated and are patient allowing it to complete (have100% not 99%) then you will not have any problems.

0 Likes
Aero555

Hi - I meant to get back earlier...

Went to the Verizon store for the update as the updater wouldn't work to bring me from v4 to v9.

The browser is much better and faster. One negative is that when you use the touch screen to type into a web page (ex: username / password) you no longer have punctuation on the first screen. You have to toggle to the next screen on the keyboard for a period. Not as efficient as before.

Before the update I was starting to get locked out of the Browser. After the update the problem hasn't come back. Good news, but thinking a reset would have cleared some memory leak.

Unfortunately the update did not resolve what I refer to as the "Bluetooth Lockout" issue. (when you have a missed call, voicemail, or text prompt on your screen you cannot intiate or answer a call using the buttons on your bluetooth device.) A Verizon employee tried to help me out, but I was able to show him that it happens on their floor models too. I was told that they'd submit the problem...

James

0 Likes
Aero555

Correction - Version 8 not 9

0 Likes