Keypad disappears
gibbygurl

While using the Droid on a call, I need to press in numbers for code.  The screen disappears and will not come back.  I can't even end the call.  This does not happen all the time.     To end the call i turn the phone idle off and back on, then find the phone icon .  Can you tell me how to make the screen come back?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Keypad disappears
Not applicable

It comes back a couple seconds after you move the phone away from your ear.

0 Likes
gibbygurl

Nothing i do will make the screen come back.  I have had this phone awhile and do realize how this SHOULD work.  The screen randomly will not come up as it is supposed to..

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

The screen is turned off based on feedback from the proximity sensor. Is it possible you are holding the phone in a way that is triggering the sensor? Not sure which Droid you have. On the Moto Droid I believe the sensor is in the upper right corner of the phone. The proximity sensor on your phone could also be defective. I would suggest searching the forum as there have been a lot of threads discussing the issue.

0 Likes
frayed
Enthusiast - Level 3

My motto droid has this problem as well. From experience I don't think it is the proximity sensor I make sure nothing is touching it.

but what mostly works for me (mostly) is the lock / power button I lock the phone and unlock it and that tends to work. You can also slide the keyboard open and closed and that dose the trick to (that is about the only thing the physical keyboard is good for on the motto droid)

0 Likes
frayed
Enthusiast - Level 3

frayed wrote:

My motto droid has this problem as well. From experience I don't think it is the proximity sensor I make sure nothing is touching it.

But what mostly works for me (mostly) is the lock / power button I lock the phone and unlock it and that tends to work. You can also slide the keyboard open and closed and that dose the trick to (that is about the only thing the physical keyboard is good for on the motto droid)

I meant Moto as in Motorola spell check got me

0 Likes